Chrome 9 Super 7® 3x2 Carb/Intake Manifold Kit, 1942-48 Flathead
Click image to enlarge
Please note the following about this product:
- This item is sold as a kit.
Q & A (1)
What's in the Box
This tri power kit uses the Offenhauser Flathead Ford 3x2 intake with 9 Super 7® carbs. It has progressive linkage to give you good driveability and economy, but power when you need it. It includes three carbs, the intake, air cleaners, linkage kit, fuel block, fittings and red fuel line. Assembly required.
Has 4-5/8" carb centers. Features a mount flange at the front of the manifold for Offy fan carrier 560-3499 (sold separately).
The 9Super7 Carb ® makes setting up a multiple carburetor induction system easier than when Strombergs were available new. All that's required to do so with our kits is a Uni-Syn syncing tool and a little patience. Our 3 Carb kits come with one primary carburetor and two secondary carburetors while the 2 Carb kits are both primary carbs. See our Multiple Carburetor Tech Tip for more information on using the 9 Super 7 in a 2x2 or 3x2 carb set-up.
- For 1942-48 Ford Flatheads
- 4-5/8" carb centers
- Has boss or flange for generator or fan assembly to mount to
- Three Deuce carburetor setups come with two "secondary" carbs for front and rear intake position and one "primary" carb for central/middle position
- All-new tooling for crisp, flawless castings
- New aluminum base assembly allows for cooler fuel temps and better fuel efficiency as compared to the original cast iron design
- Stainless steel screws and hardware
- Original troublesome needle and seat replaced by a Grose-style fuel inlet valve to better cope with higher fuel pressures and improved high speed running
- Will not stick or dribble like the old Viton-tipped needle and seat setups
- Extended brass throttle shaft to simplify multi-carb linkage
- Primary Carb - (1) Middle Position
- Choke assembly, accelerator pump, and jets have all been faithfully retained and accept standard Stromberg parts
- Secondary Carb - (2) Front and Rear Position
- Special base plate with no idle circuits or choke linkage
- Special butterflies and shafts installed
- Works best with progressive linkage
- Idle only off the center or main carburetor
- No more plug foul
Note: The secondary carbs have NO choke, and they have NO idle system.
Note: Not recommended for use with Ethanol fuels.
9 Super 7® Primary Carbs -
- Features .045" main metering jets and a number 65 power valve, which is the same as a stock 97 carb.
- Replacement jet access plug gasket use # 91011542, replacement needle & seat gasket use # 91011543.
- Includes base gasket.
- The 9 Super 7 ® will operate suitably with fuel pressures ranging from 1-1/2 psi to 4 psi, with a desired setting of 2-1/2 psi to 3 psi. Fuel pressure from 4 psi to 7 psi will cause the carburetor to run excessively rich and may cause flooding. Flooding or leaks caused by excessive fuel pressure do not indicate a faulty carburetor.
- Our independent tests produced these flow numbers:
- 3" of Vacuum - 60 CFM
- 10" of Vacuum - 110 CFM
- 15" of Vacuum - 136 1/2 CFM
- 28" of Vacuum - 184 CFM
You may also be interested in:
9 Super 7® 3x2 Carb/Offy Intake Manifold Kit, 1932-41 FlatheadView$1,399.99Compare
9 Super 7® 3x2 Carb/Offy Intake Manifold Kit, 1942-48 FlatheadView$1,399.99Compare
9 Super 7® 3x2 Carb/Intake Manifold Kit, 1957-86 S/B ChevyView$1,299.99Compare
Adjustable Main Jets for Stromberg-Style CarbsView$49.99Compare