Spike Chassis 252070 Midget Chassis 12 Inch Radiator Box
Click image to enlarge
Q & A
What's in the Box
Spike radiator tray for 12" wide radiators. This component is designed for use with the Spike Midget Radiator 950-34210 (at right).
Note: This box will not work with other radiator brands w/o major modifications.
You may also be interested in:
Spike Chassis 05 Dirt Midget Chassis KitMore Info
Honeycomb Radiator Protector, 19 x 26 InchMore Info
Spike Chassis 005-2062 Aluminum Expansion TankMore Info
Spike Midget RadiatorMore Info
If there were a poll for midget of the year, the Spike dirt midget would be a the top of the list. Winning all the big races, drivers like Coons, Darland and Hines put Spike Chassis in victory lane time and time again. The same Spike dirt midget can also be utilized as a Focus combo car. Speedway has the Spike midget in stock and all the parts it takes to get you to the front of the pack.
Must ship motor freight. Truck Freight Shipping Charges Apply - click here for details.
- Spike dirt midget chassis with plates & wires
- Fiberglass nose
- Fiberglass hood, scoop
- Aluminum cowl
- Fiberglass arm guard
- Aluminum floor pan
- Aluminum belly pan
- Aluminum left cockpit panel
- Aluminum right front cockpit panel
- Aluminum right rear cockpit panel
- Fiberglass left front engine panel
- Aluminum right rear engine panel
- Aluminum front engine cover
- Aluminum left sail panel
- Aluminum right lower sail panel
- Aluminum right upper sail panel
- Aluminum sun visor
- Aluminum hood mount kit
- 61 Aluminum quarter turn fastener buttons
- Stainless steel front bumper
- Stainless steel rear bumper
- Stainless steel left nerf bar
- Stainless steel right nerf bar
- Chrome torque tube hoop
- Dirt front axle, no plating
Place directly in front of radiator and let it take the beating instead of your expensive aluminum radiator. Made of rigid Nomex material, which is lightweight but very strong. This is the same stuff the Outlaws use! Some guys have raced a whole season with one honey comb protector. Usage will vary depending on track conditions.
- Honeycomb wall thickness is .001" to .002"
- Can be trimmed to fit
- Works great for street vehicles as well
Lightweight aluminum expansion tank from Spike Chassis. 16oz capacity.
Height of tank is 6.75" and the diameter is 2.5". The bracket adds 3/4" to the width. Fittings needed include: 3/8" on bottom, 1/8" on side. The mounting bracket has holes for two screws as well as permanently attached nuts. Uses standard radiator cap, which is not included.
Learn more about cooling with recovery systems and how they work by reading our tech article. Cooling System Principles.
These Spike Midget radiators have three 3/8" pipe inlet bungs. 1-1/2" outlet. Double pass with bleeder ports. 11-3/4" x 17".
Learn more about how radiators work and selecting the proper radiator for your vehicle by reading our tech article. Radiator Cooling Performance.