Speedway 1927 Track-T Roadster Kit
Click image to enlarge
Please NOTE the following about this product:
- Item 97390100 is made to order. We will ship it from our warehouse when it is produced.
Q & A
What's in the Box
With their exciting, racy styling, Track T roadsters are some of the most recognizeable hot rods in American automotive history. Designed for nostalgic originality, Speedway’s Track-T Roadster is an economical way to relive that vintage motoring spirit. This kit car turns heads wherever it goes with its beautiful, one-piece 1927 T body, smooth lines and custom track style nose. The Track-T is designed to use the powertrain from 4-cylinder or V6 powered rear wheel drive vehicles. In such a small, lightweight car they become mighty spirited performers.
The 1927 Track-T basic kit includes a 1927 Model T Roadster body with right and left full length side frame covers and custom floor with transmission tunnel. It also comes with a passenger compartment rear bulkhead divider, street rodder nose, rear roll pan, smooth flat cowl/firewall and front shock mounts. Headlight mounts, hood top, and aluminum hood sides are also included. The storage compartment behind the seat is even large enough to accept 2-3 suitcases, or a large cooler & picnic basket.
The rigid tube steel chassis features front & rear kick-ups for a lower ride height and includes pre-mounted suspension bracketry. The chassis is built to accomodate a traditional spring-over, tube axle front suspension with Hairpin radius rods, Vega cross steering, and '49-'54 Chevy spindles. Rear suspension mounts will attach a solid axle to quarter elliptic springs with upper torque arms, Panhard bar, and tube shocks.
This product is made to order so quantities may vary. Please allow three to four weeks lead time.
- Fiberglass Body
- One-piece '27 T body
- Street Rodder nose
- Aluminum hood sides
- Full length frame covers (left & right sides)
- Rear roll pan
- Floor pan w/ transmission tunnel
- Passenger compartment rear bulkhead
- Steering column support (steel tube)
- 2" x 3" x .120 wall square tube steel frame rails
- Round tube front & rear kick-ups
- Includes the following mounted brackets:
- front crossmember
- front spring perch
- shock/headlight bracket mounting pad
- front braces with steering box mount
- front radius rod mounting roids
- rear radius rod mounting roids
- "K" member
- rear spring mounting pads
- rear vertical hoop
- rear horizontal hoop
- fuel tank support tube
- rear shock mounting tabs
- rear Panhard bar mount
- rear bumper mounting pads
- under-engine crossmember*
- transmission mount (4" drop)*
- nose mounting straps*
- * (Customer to install)
- Headlight & Front Shock Mounts
- Shock/headlight mounting brackets
- Bolts, nuts, washers
- We reccommend using a Ford 2300cc four, or for more power, go with a Chevy 60-Degree V-6. Many speed parts are available for both engines. In addition, an auto trans is much easier to use due to the limited amount of floor space for foot pedals.
- For more detailed build information, please refer to Track-T Assembly Manual 973-86127. This detailed assembly manual will aid both novice street rodders as well as the expert car builder. Supplemental illustrations provided in this manual will make assembly of the Track-T much easier.
The following specifiations are for a Track-T equipped with a Chevy 2.8 60-Degree V-6, TH-350 trans, & Mustang II/Pinto rear axle:
- Weight: 1500 lbs. (wet w/o driver)
- Weight Distribution: 50-50
- Wheelbase: 106-3/4”
- Track: 57” Front, 60” Rear
- Ground Clearance: 3-1/4”
- Turning Radius: 12’ 4”
- Overall Height: 43-1/2”
- Overall Length: 139”
- Width of Body: 48”
- Fuel Capacity: 10.8 gallons
Item DetailsBasic Kit: Body & Frame
You may also be interested in:
Track-T Instruction ManualMore Info
Track-T Rear Axle Mounting KitMore Info
Track-T Chrome Front End UpgradeMore Info
Track-T Front Axle Suspension AssemblyMore Info
Track-T Cross Steering KitMore Info
Track-T Chevy Spindle & Brake Bracket KitsMore Info
"Test the water" before you buy the kit! This step-by-step manual has instructions, tips and photos... even suggested tools and parts sources. 91 pages, b&w photos with wiring schematics.
Cost of the manual is completely refundable upon purchase of the kit.
This kit links your rear axle to the Track-T frame mounts using quarter elliptic springs, upper radius rods & a Panhard bar. Quarter elliptic springs not included in kit (sold separately). Builder can cut their own springs from a pair of factory leaves as well. For maximum performance, use Composite Quarter Elliptic Mono-Leaf Springs 974-49934 (sold separately).
- Large Panhard bar/right shock mounting bracket
- Left shock mounting bracket
- (2) Radius rod mouting brackets
- (4) Spring mounting brackets
- Spring clamp plates
- (2) Rear radius rods, 21" (cut length)
- Panhard bar, 22.5" (cut length)
- (3) Spherical rod ends, 5/8" right side standard male
- (3) Jam nuts, 5/8" right side
- (3) Spherica rod ends, 5/8" left side standard male
- (3) Jam nuts, 5/8" left side
- (2) Bolts, 5/8" UNF x 5"
- (4) Bolts, 5/8" UNF x 2"
- (6) Lock nuts, 5/8" UNF
Add some extra flash to your Track-T Roadster with this complete chrome front end kit. Choosing this popular option will get you the combination of three Track-T kits in one: Front Axle Assembly 973-39927, Spindle Kit 973-31932 and Cross Steering Kit 973-39227.
Chrome plated items are simply substituted in for the plain ones in the basic kits.Chrome items include:
- Radius Rods
- Tie Rod & Drag Link
- Spring Pivots
- Steering Arms
- Front Axle
- Steering Arms
- Front Axle
- Varous Hardware (Nuts & Bolts)
- Brake Adapter Brackets
- Spring Shackles
The Track-T front suspension kit is based upon a spring-over tube axle, 27" standard eye 4-leaf spring, and classic 27" hairpin radius rods. For use with 1949-1954 Chevy spindles.
- Front axle w/ lower shock mounts
- Leaf spring
- (2) Shackles, 1-3/4"
- (2) Spring pivots with nuts
- (2) Radius rods, 27"
- (4) Clevises, 5/8"
- (2) Spherical rod ends, 5/8" right side, standard male
- (6) Jam nuts, 5/8" right side
- (2) Bolts, 5/8" UNF x 5"
- (2) Lock nuts, 5/8" UNF
- (2) U-bolts, 1-3/4" with lock nuts
The kit equips your Track-T with a cross steering system featuring a new Flaming River Vega steering box.
- Lower steering arms (flat plate, plain finish)
- New Vega steering box
- Pitman arm, modified
- U-joint, splined for Vega shaft
- Tie rod
- Drag link
- Spherical rod ends
- All mounting hardware and spacers included
This kit mounts 1949-1954 Chevy spindles and Pinto/Mustang II disc brakes to your Track-T front axle. Spindles are machined for Pinto/Mustang II 9-1/4" rotors.
- (2) 49-54 Chevy spindles
- (1) kingpin set
- (1) Pinto rotor to Chevy spindle brake adapter kit
- (2) Set screws, 1/4" UNC
- (1) Spindle nut set