Pro-Billet Front Mount Flathead Distributor
Click image to enlarge
Please NOTE the following about this product:
- This product is discontinued.
Q & A
What's in the Box
Early Flathead racers and cruisers alike will be excited to see these front mount Flathead Distributors! These distributors are built around a CNC-machined billet aluminum housing for precise tolerances.
The distributor is topped off with our an MSD Crab Cap with spark plug style terminals for improvied wire connections. Just under the cap and Rynite race rotor is MSD's adjustable mechanical advance. This assembly features chromoly construction with TIG-welded weight pins to secure the precision fine blanked weights. MSD supplies different advance springs and stop bushings so you can dial-in an advance curve to meet your Flathead's specs.
Just under the advance is MSD's race-proven magnetic pick-up. This puck, combined with a reluctor, produces accurate trigger signals that are responsible for firing the MSD Ignition Control. Bring your Flathead up-to-date with MSD performance.
NotesBillet aluminum body, full centrifugal advance, a modern cap and rotor and comes with drive gear. Use on 12 volt systems with an MSD box (sold below) or similar magnetic triggered controls. Supplied with different advance springs and stop bushings so you can dial-in an advance curve to meet your Flathead’s specs. Uses HEI style terminals.
This distributor is 4" tall and may contact the stock fan when used on 1941-1948 Fords and Mercurys. An electric fan may be required for this application.
- For 2-bolt mount ('42-'48 Flatheads)
Item Details4" Tall from mount surface to outer most point of cap.
You may also be interested in:
MSD 8207 Blaster SS CoilPrice: $52.99More Info
MSD 8203 Blaster 2 Ignition Coil w/ ResistorPrice: $52.99More Info
MSD 5520 Street Fire CDI IgnitionMore Info
MSD 8541 'Crab' Style CapPrice: $53.99More Info
Don’t let the compact size of the Blaster SS Coil fool you, because it is packed with performance! The efficient E-core windings are designed to produce high amounts of current without sacrificing the voltage output. In fact, when used with an MSD 6 Series Ignition, the Blaster SS produces 300 milliamps with a maximum voltage output of 40,000 volts! The secondary windings are wound on a segmented bobbin which reduces the chance of voltage breakdown between the primary and secondary windings. For more protection, these windings are encased in a polyurethane compound for complete protection against vibration. The Blaster SS features brass terminals and a sturdy Rynite housing. It is supplied with a 90° boot, terminal and vibration mounts. A great addition to CD Ignitions and some stock applications.
- Improved output coil for electronic ignitions, and MSD Ignitions
- Efficient winding design and assembly creates a compact housing
- Primary and secondary windings are encased in Ciba polyurethane
- 70:1 turns ratio and lower primary resistance produce high voltage output
- Dupont Rynite housing with a tall tower and brass primary terminals
547-8207 Instructions (PDF)
If you are looking to upgrade your stock coil, or want to compliment the performance of your MSD ignition, the Blaster Coil line is the right choice. Special 100:1 windings, kept cool in an oil filled metal canister, are used to provide maximum build-up of voltage. The tower assembly is molded of durable alkyd material due to its high dielectric characteristics while wide spaced brass primary terminals prevent the possibility of spark. Can be used with a stock ignition, Blaster Ignition, or MSD 5, 6 or 7 Ignition Control.
The 0.8 ohm ballast resistor must be used with stock points ignition and Mallory Unilite applications. Includes MSD Power Tower top.
- Improved output coil for stock points or electronic ignitions, Blaster Ignition, or MSD 5, 6, and 7 Series
- Supplied with two plug wire boots, terminals, and jumper wire
- 100:1 turns ratio and lower primary resistance produce high voltage output
- MSD Red metal canister is filled with a premium grade oil for cooling
This CD Ignition features multiple sparks to improve starting and idle while also having full power output at high rpm. Also has standard MSD type hook ups and is compatible with MSD's coils and distributors.
- Perfect for budget minded enthusiasts
- Capacitive Discharge Technology
- Multiple sparks improve starting and idle
- Full power output at high rpm
- Easily connects to points, amplifiers and magnetic pickup distributors
- Adjustable rev limiter for overrev protection
- Has the standard MSD type hook-ups and is compatible with MSD's coils and distributors
547-5520 Instructions (Part A)
547-5520 Instructions (Part B)