MSD 8360 Chevy V8 with Internal Module Distributor
Click image to enlarge
Q & A
What's in the Box
The Pro-Billet Ready-to-Run distributor is the perfect upgrade for outdated points distributors or bulky HEIs. Simply install the distributor in the engine, connect three wires, the coil and fire it up! A maintenance-free magnetic pick-up accurately triggers the module. The increased output of the amplifier easily outperforms stock ignitions and will smooth out the engine’s idle, improve starting and provide a much higher rpm range. The Ready-to-Run features MSD’s adjustable mechanical advance which allows you to custom tailor an ignition curve to match your engine’s needs. There is also a vacuum advance canister to help improve economy. For positive street performance, the Ready-to-Run is the best choice.
- Simple and clean installation with only three wires to connect
- Powerful built-in module produces a 7.5 amp single spark through high rpm
- Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings
- Vacuum advance canister for improved economy (can be locked out)
- CNC machined billet aluminum housing and billet aluminum base
- Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the rpm range
- Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing
- Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from Chromoly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
- Mechanical advance assembly can be locked out for crank trigger systems
- Advance weight pins are staked and tig welded to the plate
- Nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
- Special oil tract improves lubrication to the distributor and cam gear
- O-ring seals can be added to modified blocks to improve oil pressure control
- Supplied with an HEI style distributor cap and rotor (accepts Cap-A-Dapts)
- Does not require an MSD Ignition Control
- CARB E.O. Approved
547-8360 Instructions (PDF)
- Does not require an MSD Ignition Control.
- If replacing a GM HEI, a Blaster coil and coil wire are required.
- If replacing a GM HEI, a Blaster coil and coil wire are required
- High output ignition module provides plenty of spark for improved performance
Item DetailsSB/BB Chevy
You may also be interested in:
MSD 8468 Vacuum Advance Lockout, PN 8360, 8361, 8572Price: $6.99More Info
MSD 8202 Blaster 2 Ignition CoilMore Info
If you are looking to upgrade your stock coil, or want to compliment the performance of your MSD ignition, the Blaster Coil line is the right choice. Special 100:1 windings, kept cool in an oil filled metal canister, are used to provide maximum build-up of voltage. The tower assembly is molded of durable alkyd material due to its high dielectric characteristics while wide spaced brass primary terminals prevent the possibility of spark. Can be used with a stock ignition, Blaster Ignition, or MSD 5, 6 or 7 Ignition Control.
For use with stock or MSD electronic ignitions. Most late model vehicles with electronic ignitions do not require a ballast resistor, check your ignition and manufacturers specifications to determine if a ballast is required in your application.
- Improved output coil for stock points or electronic ignitions, Blaster Ignition, or MSD 5, 6, and 7 Series
- Supplied with two plug wire boots, terminals, and jumper wire
- 100:1 turns ratio and lower primary resistance produce high voltage output
- MSD Red metal canister is filled with a premium grade oil for cooling
- CARB E.O. Approved