MSD 8531 MSD/Accel Iron Chevy Distributor Gear
Click image to enlarge
Q & A (4)
What's in the Box
A distributor’s performance is only as good as its drive gear. MSD Ignition has put a great deal of effort into researching and testing a variety of metallurgical compositions, heat treating and coatings to provide you with a durable, accurate and strong distributor gear. MSD engineers have built test fixtures and spent hundreds of hours testing and evaluating the metallurgy of these gears. The result is a special iron alloy gear that is treated to a low-friction coating process. To you this means long life, an easy break-in period and reliable performance!
- Increased outer hardened layer thickness (RC 55-60)
- Micro polished surface for smooth contact
- Proprietary formulated ductile iron
- Melonite QPQ coated reduces friction and initial wear
- Interstitial carbide concentration improves wear resistance
- .500" I.D.
- Fits MSD and Accel Chevy Distributors
You may also be interested in:
MSD 8471 Chevy Bronze Distributor Drive GearsView$57.99Compare