MSD 8362 Street Fire Chevy V8 GM HEI Distributor
Click image to enlarge
Q & A
What's in the Box
Street Fire is a new division of MSD Ignition aimed at delivering high quality and great value.
So don't let the low price of this Street Fire HEI Distributor fool you - it still has rock-solid features like coated centrifugal advance weights, welded weight pins, brass cap terminals, adjustable vacuum advance and the same stout drive gear used on MSD's premier Pro-Billet distributors.
By using all-new heavy duty components throughout, MSD can give the Street Fire a full one-year warranty.
547-8362 Instructions (PDF)
SpecsInlcudes 4-Pin Module.
You may also be interested in:
Chevy Blueprinted HEI DistributorMore Info
MSD 8728 Soft Touch Rev Limiter Control for HEIMore Info
Performance Distributors 111111 Battery and Tachometer ConnectorMore Info
Accel 170072 HEI Wiring PigtailMore Info
This HEI distributor for S/B and B/B Chevy non-computer controlled engines features a...
- 4-pin ignition module rated to 7500 rpm
- Premium cap with brass terminals
- High output coil (50,000 volt spark through 7,500 rpm)
- 4340 chromoly steel bottom gear, for use with cast and steel billet cams
- Mechanical advance
- Adjustable vacuum advance to improve economy while cruising
- High performance rotor
- Coil cover
- Fully CNC machined, polished housing
- True spark alignment for instant response at high RPM
- Performance style advance curve built in
910-12342 Instructions (PDF)
The Soft Touch Rev Control, PN 8728, is designed to be used on standard points ignition or inductive ignition systems. This means that the PN 8728 can be installed on engines with a GM HEI Ignition, Ford or Chrysler electronic ignition, any standard breaker points systems or even with an MSD 5 or Blaster Ignition (non-CD ignitions). The RPM Limiter is adjusted with plug-in modules and is supplied with 6,000, 7,000 and 8,000 rpm modules. When the engine reaches your set rpm, the Soft Touch circuitry kicks in and drops the spark to certain cylinders. This rpm limiter produces very accurate and smooth, backfire-free rev limits.
- Can be used on 4, 6 or 8-cylinder engines with inductive ignitions
- Adjusted with plug-in modules
- Includes 6,000, 7,000 and 8,000 rpm modules
- No MSD ignition control box required
547-8728 Instructions (PDF)
These plastic insulators and brass terminals make your power supply connection and tach connection to the DUI Distributor super easy! They plug directly into the cap and coil assembly and the locking tabs prevent lost connections due to vibration. The Battery and Tachometer Connectors are priced separately so one of each will be needed for the hot wire and tach hookup.
Finally, a dual HEI connector for GM HEI “Coil In-Cap”. The Dual HEI Connector helps clean up your engine bay by eliminating the use of single spade connectors to make battery and tachometer connections. Also holds the 12 volt and tachometer wires securely in place. Made from hi-temperature durable plastic to withstand all extreme conditions of an engine bay. The easily seen, 10” long, red and green wires identify battery and tachometer.
- Wire your HEI distributor like the factory
- Red and green wires identify battery and tach leads
- 10" long