MSD 8362 Street Fire Chevy V8 GM HEI Distributor
Click image to enlarge
Q & A
What's in the Box
Street Fire is a new division of MSD Ignition aimed at delivering high quality and great value.
So don't let the low price of this Street Fire HEI Distributor fool you - it still has rock-solid features like coated centrifugal advance weights, welded weight pins, brass cap terminals, adjustable vacuum advance and the same stout drive gear used on MSD's premier Pro-Billet distributors.
By using all-new heavy duty components throughout, MSD can give the Street Fire a full one-year warranty.
547-8362 Instructions (PDF)
SpecsInlcudes 4-Pin Module.
You may also be interested in:
MSD 8225 HEI High Performance Direct Replacement Coil$78.99Price: $74.99More Info
Chevy Blueprinted HEI Distributor$99.99More Info
MSD 8410 Replacement HEI Rotor$8.99Price: $6.99More Info
MSD 8411 Replacement HEI Distributor CapPrice: $30.99More Info
MSD 84111 Extreme Output GM HEI Distributor CapPrice: $42.99More Info
MSD 84101 Extreme Output Rotor, GM HEIPrice: $15.99More Info
MSD 84022 Extreme HEI Coil CoverPrice: $30.99More Info
MSD 8728 Soft Touch Rev Limiter Control for HEIMore Info
MSD 8402 HEI Distributor Coil CoverPrice: $19.99More Info
MSD 84023 HEI Extreme Cap and Rotor Kit$71.99Price: $67.99More Info
Performance Distributors 111111 Battery and Tachometer ConnectorMore Info
Accel 170072 HEI Wiring PigtailMore Info
HEI owners now have a choice to replace their stock coil with the MSD High Energy Unitized Coil for GM HEI Distributors. This coil is a direct replacement of the stock coil. The coil features special low inductance, high temperature windings which charge faster to give you increased spark energy at higher rpm. The premium epoxy filled construction is designed to withstand harsh race applications as well as the wear and tear that daily usage dishes out, and still deliver more spark energy to the spark plugs.
- Direct performance replacement for GM HEI coil-in-cap distributors
- 70:1 turns ratio and lower primary resistance produce high voltage output
- Full power sparks to 9,000 RPM when used with 8364 MSD HEI Module
- Recommended for use with MSD HEI Module PN 8364
This HEI distributor for S/B and B/B Chevy non-computer controlled engines features a...
- 4-pin ignition module rated to 7500 rpm
- Premium cap with brass terminals
- High output coil (50,000 volt spark through 7,500 rpm)
- 4340 chromoly steel bottom gear, for use with cast and steel billet cams
- Mechanical advance
- Adjustable vacuum advance to improve economy while cruising
- High performance rotor
- Coil cover
- Fully CNC machined, polished housing
- True spark alignment for instant response at high RPM
- Performance style advance curve built in
910-12342 Instructions (PDF)
Replacement GM HEI distributor cap with low-resistance brass terminals. Rynite construction for superior voltage insulation.
With the introduction of our 20 Amp Extreme HEI Module, we needed an HEI Cap and Rotor that could withstand the high output. The answer was to mold our own HEI Cap, Rotor and Coil Cover. The Cap and Rotor will fit our HEI Pro-Billet Distributor, PN 8365,
- Absolutely the most powerful HEI Module available.
- 32 Mhz controller manages the extreme current for full output at racing rpm.
- Adjustable rev limiter from 5,000 “ 10,000 rpm.
- Built-in Traction Control Detection technology.
- Independent tach output lea
Extreme Output Rotor for MSD HEI and GM HEI.
- Extreme output rotor
Replacement coil dust cover for MSD Extreme Output HEI Kit # 547-8502. Made from DuPont Rynite.
The Soft Touch Rev Control, PN 8728, is designed to be used on standard points ignition or inductive ignition systems. This means that the PN 8728 can be installed on engines with a GM HEI Ignition, Ford or Chrysler electronic ignition, any standard breaker points systems or even with an MSD 5 or Blaster Ignition (non-CD ignitions). The RPM Limiter is adjusted with plug-in modules and is supplied with 6,000, 7,000 and 8,000 rpm modules. When the engine reaches your set rpm, the Soft Touch circuitry kicks in and drops the spark to certain cylinders. This rpm limiter produces very accurate and smooth, backfire-free rev limits.
- Can be used on 4, 6 or 8-cylinder engines with inductive ignitions
- Adjusted with plug-in modules
- Includes 6,000, 7,000 and 8,000 rpm modules
- No MSD ignition control box required
547-8728 Instructions (PDF)
HEI Distributor coil cover.
The cap and rotor of any ignition system must be considered maintenance items. Just as you change the oil and filter of your car, you should always replace the cap and rotor as a set. To make things easy, we now offer these Cap and Rotor Replacement Kits
- Includes PN 84111, 84101, 84022
These plastic insulators and brass terminals make your power supply connection and tach connection to the DUI Distributor super easy! They plug directly into the cap and coil assembly and the locking tabs prevent lost connections due to vibration. The Battery and Tachometer Connectors are priced separately so one of each will be needed for the hot wire and tach hookup.
Finally, a dual HEI connector for GM HEI “Coil In-Cap”. The Dual HEI Connector helps clean up your engine bay by eliminating the use of single spade connectors to make battery and tachometer connections. Also holds the 12 volt and tachometer wires securely in place. Made from hi-temperature durable plastic to withstand all extreme conditions of an engine bay. The easily seen, 10” long, red and green wires identify battery and tachometer.
- Wire your HEI distributor like the factory
- Red and green wires identify battery and tach leads
- 10" long