Mr Gasket 2471S Thermocap Radiator Cap, 16 Lb.
Click image to enlarge
Q & A (6)
What's in the Box
How handy is this! The built-in calibrated thermometer on this chrome-plated 16 lb. radiator cap makes it easy to check your coolant temp - and to know when its safe to remove the cap. Fits radiators on most domestic vehicles.
- Helps to prevent burn injuries
- Integrated coolant reclamation valve works great with your coolant recovery system
- Your radiator can reclaim coolant from your overflow bottle
- Wide 30° to 270° F temperature range
- Calibrated in centigrade and Fahrenheit
- Color-coded temperature ranges
- Chromed crown with a colored trim ring
Learn more about cooling systems, how to choose the proper pressure cap, and how they work by reading our tech article. Cooling System Principles.
- Check the Thermo Cap temperature indicator to determine if the coolant is cool enough to make removing Thermo Cap safe. If the coolant is very hot, then thoroughly rinse the radiator with cool water, until the coolant temperature drops into a cooler safe zone.