Ford 9 Inch Bolt-On Rear Disc Brake Kit
Click image to enlarge
Please note the following about this product:
- This item is sold as a kit.
Q & A (26)
What's in the Box
If you dont want to spend an arm and a leg on a rear disc brake kit and still have to weld the bracket on, we've got you covered. This kit includes bolt-on caliper brackets, 11-1/4" vented rotors, 78-88 GM metric style calipers, brake pads and hardware.
- Fits both 5 on 4-1/2" and 5 on 4-3/4" bolt circles
- For Ford passenger car axles ONLY
- Fits axle with maximum flange diameter of 6-1/4" O.D.
- For 15" and larger wheel applications ONLY
NOTE: This bolt on brake kit is designed to be used on 8" and 9" housings using 3/8" retaining bolts. If you want to use it on a 9" housing with 1/2" bolts, you will need to use the 3/8" hardware to do so. Fits "old" and "new" style big bearing (3.150" bearing O.D.) Ford housings and with axle offsets of a minimum 2-3/8" to 2-1/2".
910-31902 Instructions (PDF)
With non-emergency brake calipers.
- "Old-style" big bearing 9" Ford axle
- "New-style" big bearing 9" Ford axle
- 8" Ford axle
- Axle housings with minimum axle offsets of 2-3/8" to 2-1/2"
This kit will NOT work on pickup housings or the 50's 9" housings as they only have about 2" backspace. The exception would be the late 50's station wagon rear ends.
When using with a Currie Axle with an o/d register of 2.795", the rotor is included in this kit with an i/d register of 2.78" and therefore will need to be machined by increasing the hole diameter in the rotor to match the Currie axle spec of 2.795"
You may also be interested in:
Ford 9 Inch Bolt-On Rear Disc Brake Kit w/ E-BrakeView$429.99Compare
Wilwood 290-0632 570 Brake Fluid, 12 oz BottleView$9.99Compare