Deluxe Coil Spring Rear Suspension Kit
Click image to enlarge
Please NOTE the following about this product:
- This item is sold as a kit.
Q & A
What's in the Box
Our Deluxe Coil Spring kit includes a weld-on 25.5" Panhard bar, 2 coil springs (175 lb. rate, 14" tall, 4.5" O.D.), upper and lower spring mounts, two 32" steel radius rods with mounting brackets, and all hardware.
Weld to your 3" axle tubes.
916-49021 Instructions (PDF)
Panhard Bar Mount Guide (GIF)
You may also be interested in:
Basic Coil Spring KitMore Info
Currie 9 Inch Ford Rear Axle KitMore Info
Deluxe Coil-Over Rear Suspension Kit, Plain FinishMore Info
Deluxe Shockwave Rear Suspension Kit, Plain, 13 Inch Ride HeightPrice: $1,499.99More Info
Convert to smooth riding coil springs using your old radius rods with this Basic Coil Spring kit. Kit includes 175 lb. rate coil springs (4-1/2" O.D. x 14") with upper and lower spring mounts. Weld to your 3" axle tubes.
916-49020 Instructions (PDF)
Currie's Universal Hot Rod Ford 9" kit includes a brand new 56" housing, lifetime warranty 31 spline axles, new axle bearings and seals, and new style big Ford ends.
- Housing is 56" from axle face to axle face
- Axles drilled for 5 x 4-1/2" Ford/Mopar and 5 x 4-3/4" Chevy/GM bolt patterns
- Includes wheel studs, 1/2"-20 Ford and 7/16"-20 Chevy
- 1/4" heavy duty late model large bearing style retainer plates
Note: Axle bearing does not come pressed onto the axle shaft, and wheel studs are not installed. Third member not included.
Need a certain length not found on our site? Check out Currie's 9+ Rearend Calculator to have specially sized axles or rearend housings made for your specific application. Custom orders will be built and processed directly through Currie Enterprizes and shipped to your door. For ease of ordering, please refer to Currie's Dimension Diagram.
When installing new axles in rearends with posi traction differentials, be sure to install the driver's side axle first to keep the splines properly aligned. Failure to do so may move the two splined gears out of alignment, and it may be difficult to install the driver's side axle properly if the passenger side axle is already installed.
If installation of passenger side axle is done first it may require two people when installing the driver's side axle, with both parties rotating reach axle until splines are in line and the driver's side axle fully sides into the housing.
To ensure you get the most out of your new 9 Inch components, Currie recommends that you perform a proper break-in process:
- Use a name brand mineral-based gear oil, preferably 85w140 (Extremely high quality synthetic oils may be used once break-in process has been successfully performed)
- Place vehicle on jack stands and let the rearend spin while the vehicle idles - run transmission in both forward and reverse periodically throughout the process
- Continue to run the rearend until the pinion gets hot (place hand on bottom of the differential housing to verify this)
- Proper break-in allows:
- The ability to install new axles and hit the track the same day without worry
- Extended life for rearend components
- Keeps the quality and life of your gear oil
Note: If you find that your rearend is running somewhat "tight" be sure to add Currie's 9+ Friction Modifier to "loosen up". If a more aggressive performance is desired, Friction Modifier is not needed.
This rear suspension kit is loaded with high quality components from Speedway and Carrera. Kit includes a steel panhard bar, chrome plated Carrera coil-over shock assemblies, bare steel 32" radius rods, and all mounting brackets and hardware. The Carrera 3-way adjustable, gas pressurized and radial tuned shocks provide an excellent ride. Welding is required for assembly.
- Kit includes:
- Steel panhard bar
- Chrome plated Carrera coil-over shock assemblies
- Bare steel 32" radius rods
- All mounting brackets and hardware
Comes with your choice of spring rate. Use the Spring Rate Guide and Coil-Over Mounting guide to select to proper rate for your vehicle.
Spring Rate Guide (GIF)
Coil-Over Mounting Guide (GIF)
916-49060 Instructions (PDF)
These Deluxe Shockwave rear suspension kits feature smooth-riding Ridetech Shockwave air shocks and compressor. These 7000 series Shockwaves are 4" in diameter and have a load capacity of 780 lbs. @ 100 psi air pressure. They work well with a rear axle weight of 1500 lbs. or less. No air tank is required.
Kit includes two Shockwave air-over-shocks, air compressor, air control panel, plain steel panhard bar, two plain steel 32" radius rods with mounting brackets, and all necessary hardware.
916-49070 Instructions (PDF)