Dart Aluminum Pro 1 Small Block Chevy Head, 72cc, Angle Plug
Click image to enlarge
Please NOTE the following about this product:
- This product is discontinued.
Q & A
What's in the Box
Dart's highly popular small-block Pro1 heads are loaded with features, which is why they are among the best 23° aluminum heads on the market. Highly efficient chambers feature excellent fuel distribution while the five-angle intake seats shear the liquid fuel and air as it enters the chamber. Spark plugs are located high and and as close to the center of the chamber as possible for a complete burn.
The 180cc and 75cc ports feed 2.02" intake and 1.60" exhaust valves using 1.25" diameter springs that can handle up to .520" lift. For gaskets use Felpro 1205 (Speedway 344-1205) on the intake and 1404 (Speedway 344-1404) on the exhaust. A good starting point for plugs is a AR3934 Autolite.
- Flows a streetable 257 cfm intake/172 cfm exhaust @ .500" lift
- Best suited for engines making 400-500 horsepower
- Cast from 355T6 aluminum alloy
- Stainless Steel valves
- Five-angle hardened valve seats
- Accepts standard intake and exhaust manifolds or headers
- 1.25" Comp Single Valve Springs w/ 7° steel retainers (.520" max lift)
- Includes rocker studs & guide plates
- Ready to install
304-1121 Instructions (PDF)
- 72 cc combustion chamber
- 2.02" intake, 1.60" exhaust valves
- 180cc intake volume
- 75 cc exhaust volume
- Intake dimensions: 1.190”w x 2.075”h
- Exhaust dimensions: 1.410”w x 1.350”h
- Intake flow: 257 cfm @ .500” lift / 28”
- Exhaust flow: 172 cfm @ .500” lift / 28”
- Use .750” reach gasketed spark plug
- Weight: 23 lbs bare
You may also be interested in:
Autolite AR3934 14mm Racing Spark Plug-5/8 Hex-Gasket-3/4 Reach-HotPrice: $4.99More Info
1960-1986 Small Block Chevy Fabricated Valve Covers w/ HolesPrice: $109.99More Info
Fel-Pro P1003 S/B Chevy 265-400 Steel Ring Head Gasket 4.166 Inch BoreMore Info
ARP Fasteners 134-4001 Small Block Chevy Head Stud KitPrice: $241.99More Info
Autolite Racing spark plugs feature a cut back ground electrode, anti-corrosive nickel plating, and large ground electrode for better heat transfer. Heat range needed with Standard tip or Power tip, Hottest.
- 14 mm plug
- .75" reach
- 5/8" hex
- Gasket seat
- Vendor Number: AR3934
Note: Please use the Vendor Number to reference the PDF chart links listed.
Heat Range Chart (PDF)
Racing Plug Tech Note (PDF)
Understanding Heat Range (PDF)
Whether you're going for the hardcore race look or just trying to save weight, these fabricated aluminum valve covers are for you! Each cover comes with a single baffeled 1-1/4" hole for PCV or oil fill. Can be painted, polished, or left in bare aluminum finish.
Fits 1960-1986 Small Block Chevy 283-400 c.i. V8.
Grommets & hardware not included. Use a 1-1/4" grommet.
These Fel-Pro gaskets work with both cast iron and aluminum heads. Pre-flattened steel wire ring gaskets have the strength of steel wire sealing with minimum brinelling of aluminum heads. Pre-flattened copper wire ring gaskets will not brinell aluminum heads. They offer superior heat dissipation. Multi-layer steel gaskets offer current leading-edge technology and provide a long-term, leakproof seal called Perma Torque MLS.
- Gaskets are sold each
- Pre-flattened steel wire
- Nominal compression thickness: .041"
- Compressed volume: 9.1 cc
- 4.166" bore gaskets can be used on 400 race engines with up to 4.155" max bore with minimal chamfer
- When using aluminum heads, we recommend gaskets with soft copper wire rings (such as 344-1010). This ensures that the aluminum head is not "scarred" by the combustion seal. Shim style 344-1094 will also work well with aluminum heads.
Head Gasket Application (JPEG)
Install an ARP Small Block Chevy (SBC) head stud kit to enhance cylinder head sealing, ensure consistent torque values and help prevent damage to threads in the block.
All kits come with aerospace-quality nuts and parallel-ground, hardened washers.
Not for raised runner heads.