Chevy Front Axle Steering & Brake Kit, 46 Inch Axle
Speedway's exclusive steering & brake kits save you time and money by combining all necessary parts into one part number. Each kit includes brake kit, spindles, dust caps, Rubber Brake Lines spindle nuts, AN3 caliper fittings, kingpins, flat steering arms, tie rod assembly and hardware.
For 46" kingpin-to-kingpin axles. Traditional steering arm for left front wheel NOT included with Traditional steering kit.
- Speedway 1949-1954 Chevy Spindles
- One piece forged 4140 steel
- Modeled after the 49-54 Chevy passenger car spindles
- Steering arms may be mounted to the top or bottom of the spindle
- Standard king pins fit to spindles
- Speedway 9-1/4" Brake Kit
- 9-1/4" Mustang II rotors
- 5 x 4-1/2" or 5 x 4-3/4" bolt patterns
- Wheel studs - 1/2" Fine (4-1/2" BP), 7/16" Fine (4-3/4" BP)
- Hub flange (hat) diameter - 5.74"
- 1/2" Fine wheel studs
- GM Metric '78-'88 calipers, 2-1/2" piston
- 7/16" banjo bolt to AN-3 line adapter kit
- Traditional or Cross Steering Kit
- Flat plate steering arms
- 5/8" tie rod steering link
- 5/8" standard heim joint rod ends
- Seals-It 5/8" rod end seals
- 5/8" steel cone heim spacers
- Chevy 1949-54 spindles are specifically designed for use on tube axles. A shorter, thicker axle stub makes this a slightly stronger spindle ideal for use with heavier street rods.
- Ford 1928-48 spindles are generally your best choice when using an original Ford axle or an aftermarket I-beam axle.
Cross Steering vs. Traditional Steering
Traditional steering provides an original, period look, but will only work in these applications:
- Four bar setup with '68-'73 Mustang box
- Split wishbone or hairpin radius rod with reversed Corvair or '48-'56 Ford Puckup steering box
- Parallel Steering Set-Up Guide
Cross steering (using a Vega box) is the preferred method for nearly all cross spring, beam axle suspensions. Ford used this design from 1935-on.
- Less bumpsteer
- More comfortable steering column angle
- Frees up foot pedal / bellhousing room
- Cleaner vehicle profile
- Cross Steering Guide
What's In The KitEach kit from Speedway Motors is carefully packaged and delivered right to your door. Below is a list of all the items you should expect to receive when you order this kit. Some of these items may also be available for sale individually if you're here looking for replacement parts.
More Like This
Ford Front Axle Steering & Brake Kit, 46 Inch Axle
Chevy Front Axle Steering & Brake Kit, 48 Inch Axle
Chevy Wilwood Front Brake & Steering Kits, 48 Inch Axle
Steering and Brake Kit for 46 Inch Ford Axle
Ford Front Axle Steering & Brake Kit, 48 Inch Axle
Ford Wilwood Front Brake & Steering Kits - 48 Inch Axle
Gasser Straight Axle, Chevy Spindle and Brake Kits, 54-1/2 Hub-to-Hub
Semi-Elliptical Straight Axle Kit for Chevy Spindle
Gasser Straight Axle, Ford Spindle and Brake Kits, 54-1/4 Hub-to-Hub
Gasser Straight Axle, Ford Spindle and Brake Kits, 58-1/4 Hub-to-Hub
Q & A
Videos & Articles
Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks joined teams to build a 1952 Chevy truck for the newest Week to Wicked build. Jason and Tom talk about the Speedway Motors Mustang II front suspension kit used on the build.