Winters Modified Quick Change Rear End
Click image to enlarge
Q & A
What's in the Box
If you run at any of the Outlaw modified races you will need one of these Winters steel tubed quick changes. It is 60" wide with no offset and 4.86 gears on an aluminum spool.
Choose bare as pictured or with 30.5" 31 splined axles, brake rotors, and 5 X 5" GN hubs.
Replacement steel axle tubes and 31 spline axles are available if needed.
NotesIMCA approved for use in A-Mod division for 2015.
You may also be interested in:
Winters Quick Change Gears, 10 SplineMore Info
Lubrication Engineers SAE 140 Weight Gear Oil, 1 GallonPrice: $54.99More Info
Oil Drip Pan for Quick Change UnitsMore Info
B&J Quick Change Gear SetsMore Info
Red Line 58204 Heavy Shockproof Synthetic Gear Oil, 1 QuartPrice: $14.99More Info
DRP Performance 10518 Grand National Rear Hub Bearing SpacerPrice: $44.99More Info
Winters 31 Inch Double Splined Solid 31 Spline AxleMore Info
31 Inch Double Splined Lightweight Axle, Gundrilled 31 SplineMore Info
- 8620 Steel
- Heat Treated
- CNC Machined
- 10 spline
- 1-1/4" Width
Whether you're running a stock flattie and rearend or hopped-up overhead and quick change, you need to run a good gear lube. Remember that your rearend was designed fifty plus years ago and needs all the help it can get. The biggest improvement you can give it is a lubricant that will allow the gears to survive the highway speeds that cars see today. L.E. gear oil is what we use in our 350 mph streamliner, that uses a V-8 quick change, without failure. The "red stuff" provides superior lubrication for long gear life. You can't win if you don't finish. We suggest 90 weight for the street and 140 weight for extreme uses.
- Formulated using blends of high quality paraffinic and synthetic base fluids
- Contains a highly shear stable tackiness
- Unique blend of base fluids and thermally stable EP additives
- Separates readily from water
- Contains non-silicone defoaming additives
- Contains no solids
- Contains DUOLEC LE's proprietary dual acting liquid wear-reducing and extreme pressure additive
LE Gear Oil Data Sheet (PDF)
All aluminum construction. Easily pours hot oil with built-in corner spout. Comfortable, ergonomic handle. Max capacity is 6 quarts.
- All aluminum construction
- Easty to pour hot oil with built in corner spout
- Comfortable, ergonomic handle
These gears have been used by more traveling professional racing teams than all others. If you need gears that take less horsepower to run and will last many seasons these are the gears. Made with proprietary steel and proprietary heat treating. Under cut for lite weight. Crown shaved tooth profile.
Red Line Shockproof synthetic gear oil is designed for heavily loaded racing and street differentials that see heavy shock loading. It contains a unique solid dispersant that cushions gear teeth to help prevent breakage. Red Line Shockproof gear oil provides the protection of a 75W250 with the fluid thickness properties of a 75W90.
Ideal for use in sprint, midget, and dirt late model differentials as well as in rear ends using spools or lockers.
- Fully-synthetic gear oil formula created from polyol ester base stocks offers excellent lubrication under extreme conditions
- High viscosity-index to provide relatively constant viscosity and film thickness with varying temperature change
- Ester base stocks and friction modifiers provide additional slipperiness to lower operating temperatures by reducing the sliding friction in hypoid gears
- Superior shear stability and reduced oxidation compared to other synthetics and conventional gear oil
- Exceed API GL-5 specifications
- Engineered to provide the highest degree of protection and improvement of differential efficiency for better mileage, longer drain intervals, and less wear
- Not recommended for most synchro applications due to the product's extreme slipperiness
These hub bearing spacers allow for consistent and precise bearing load every time the spindle nut is tightened, regardless of the torque applied. Without a bearing spacer, bearings are typically over tightened to prevent loosening during the race. With a bearing spacer installed, you can completely tighten the spindle nut and the hub will spin free every time. Bearing spacers save time, reduce bearing temperature and greatly increase wheel free spin, putting more horsepower to the wheels. You can feel the difference by simply pushing the car!
Testing has shown that the bearing spacer will make more difference than any “Low Drag” bearing set up currently available. When the spacer is used in conjunction with “Low Drag” Tapered bearings and seals, you will have the ultimate Low Drag set-up. These adjustable bearings feature a threaded sleeve and set screw to ensure you'll never have to worry about an over-tightened hub again!
- 2.5” Short Track 5×5 Rear
- 200%-300% more free spin vs. no spacer
- Designed to fit all Grand National spindle and hub combinations
- Makes servicing hubs simple & quick
- Bearings run cooler
- Saves time
- Eliminates bearing “Spin” on spindle
- Distributes side load evenly across bearings
- Works on tapered and angular contact bearings
- Once Set, typically never has to be adjusted unless bearings or hub is replaced
- Instructions Included
- Precision Machined in the USA
- +/- .001” Minimum Parallelism
- Sold each
Lightweight axle designed for extreme racing conditions. Several lengths available.
Lightweight axle designed for extreme racing conditions.
"-##" at end of part number indicates length.