Winters Grand National Rear Ends
Click image to enlarge
Q & A
What's in the Box
Now available in either a 5 x 5" or 5 x 4-3/4" bolt pattern and three different widths:
- 58" centered
- 60" centered
- 62" with a 1/2" offset.
- Axle lengths for the 60" Winters GN 9" rear end are 28.5" and 32.5"
You may also be interested in:
Ford 9 Inch Third Member Assembly, Full Spool, 31-SplineMore Info
DRP Performance 10518 Grand National Rear Hub Bearing SpacerPrice: $44.99More Info
Speedway 9 Inch Ford Pumpkin GasketMore Info
Lubrication Engineers SAE 90 Weight Gear Oil, 1 GallonPrice: $54.99More Info
Seals-It EAS1-05 Universal Inner Axle Seal for 2.5-2.75 Inch TubeMore Info
- Professionally assembled for oval track racing only
- Includes Pro Gears ring & pinion
- Your choice of gear ratio, 3.50:1 to 7.33:1
- Includes 3-5/8" stock Ford yoke
- Viton high heat pinion seal
- Solid pinion bearing spacer with shims
- Plastic storage case
910-48343 Instructions (PDF)
Third members are made to order. Please allow 24-48 hours for order to ship.
Order applicable spool:
- STD = Standard
- LITE = Lightweight
- MEGA = Megalite
Available options include machining of the yoke to accept Chevy/GM U-joint (add 91048339) and lightening of the ring gear to remove weight (add 91600013; 5.37:1, 6.66:1, 6.83:1, 7.00:1 ratios are already lightened).
These hub bearing spacers allow for consistent and precise bearing load every time the spindle nut is tightened, regardless of the torque applied. Without a bearing spacer, bearings are typically over tightened to prevent loosening during the race. With a bearing spacer installed, you can completely tighten the spindle nut and the hub will spin free every time. Bearing spacers save time, reduce bearing temperature and greatly increase wheel free spin, putting more horsepower to the wheels. You can feel the difference by simply pushing the car!
Testing has shown that the bearing spacer will make more difference than any “Low Drag” bearing set up currently available. When the spacer is used in conjunction with “Low Drag” Tapered bearings and seals, you will have the ultimate Low Drag set-up. These adjustable bearings feature a threaded sleeve and set screw to ensure you'll never have to worry about an over-tightened hub again!
- 2.5” Short Track 5×5 Rear
- 200%-300% more free spin vs. no spacer
- Designed to fit all Grand National spindle and hub combinations
- Makes servicing hubs simple & quick
- Bearings run cooler
- Saves time
- Eliminates bearing “Spin” on spindle
- Distributes side load evenly across bearings
- Works on tapered and angular contact bearings
- Once Set, typically never has to be adjusted unless bearings or hub is replaced
- Instructions Included
- Precision Machined in the USA
- +/- .001” Minimum Parallelism
- Sold each
Our reuseable rear differential gaskets have a steel core and non-stick coating. Fits 9" Ford rear axle third member housings.
Whether you're running a stock flattie and rearend or hopped-up overhead and quick change, you need to run a good gear lube. Remember that your rearend was designed fifty plus years ago and needs all the help it can get.
The biggest improvement you can give it is a lubricant that will allow the gears to survive the highway speeds that cars see today. L.E. gear oil is what we use in our 350 mph streamliner, that uses a V-8 quick change, without failure. The "red stuff" provides superior lubrication for long gear life. You can't win if you don't finish. We suggest 90 weight for the street and 140 weight for extreme uses.
- Formulated using blends of high quality paraffinic and synthetic base fluids
- Contains a highly shear stable tackiness
- Unique blend of base fluids and thermally stable EP additives
- Separates readily from water
- Contains non-silicone defoaming additives
- Contains no solids
- Contains DUOLEC LE's proprietary dual acting liquid wear-reducing and extreme pressure additive
One size fits all! Fits any inner axle tube with an I.D. between 2-1/2" and 2-3/4". This eliminates ordering the wrong seal and allows you to always have the correct seal on hand. Typical applications* include Ford 9”, Quick change type rears, and 12 bolt GM. All seals are supplied with general installation guidelines.
- Inner Axle Seal I.D. = 7/8"
- Axle sizes/Splines: 1-3/16” thru 1-1/2” / 28-31
* Applications are reference only. Seals may be used on any rear end that is within the part number’s dimensional range. Rears can vary within a single model year and within the same model. Measure listed parameters before ordering.