Wilwood 260-9921 Electric Brake Shut Off
Click image to enlarge
Q & A
What's in the Box
This valve can be used as a brake shut-off. When energized, the valve will block pressure from reaching downstream. The valve does not prevent fluid from returning to the master cylinder. This eliminates the possibility of trapping pressure when activating the valve. Requires a 12 Volt, 5 amp (recommended) fused power source through a toggle switch. Warning: Not a line lock assembly. Not for street use. Please read instruction sheet available at http://www.wilwood.com/pdf/ds572.pdf before attempting installation.
You may also be interested in:
Straight -4 AN Male to 1/8 Inch NPT Male Adapter FittingMore Info
Steel 45 Degree -3 AN to 1/8 NPT Male Adapter FittingMore Info
Straight 3/8 Inch-24 IFF to 1/8 Inch NPT Male AdapterMore Info
Wilwood 290-6209 EXP 600 Plus Racing Brake Fluid, 500 ML Bottle$20.99Price: $18.99More Info
TCI Automotive 861200 Electric Brake Shut-Off ValvePrice: $89.99More Info
Straight AN to NPT adapters.
- 1/8" NPT
Straight 3/8"-24 IFF to 1/8" NPT Male Adapter
EXP 600 Plus is a highly refined blend developed for extreme performance under the high heat and extreme pressure of professional motorsports. EXP 600 Plus has been tested to 626° F with a wet boiling point of 417° F. These numbers far exceed any DOT or SAE specifications.
It is true that racing brake fluids need to have high boiling points. It is also true that fluids need to have low moisture affinity to slow the natural absorption rate of water vapor. But the true test of any high temp brake fluid is how well it resists aeration and compressibility after it has been heated and pressure cycled a few hundred times. The real test is at the track. EXP has been proven to maintain firm pedal feel and quick response, long after others have failed.
Note: For optimum performance, EXP 600 Plus should not be diluted with any other brake fluids. Add new fluid to a clean system.
8352906209 Instructions (PDF)
- For dirt track racing applications
- Instantly shuts-off right front brake for improved corner entry handling and changing track conditions
- Mounts directly into the brake line, anywhere between the master cylinder and caliper
- A flip of the switch from the inside of the car by the driver activates the lightweight 6061-T6 aluminum encased, continuous duty solenoid
- Solenoid blocks fluid flow to the right front caliper, eliminating the common “push or tight” condition experienced under corner entry braking
- Compact design so it can be discretely mounted
- Handles up to 3000psi
- Incorporates a waterproof seal to handle frequent high pressure washings
- Requires only a single amp of current
- Works with all hydraulic brake systems, making it perfect for stock cars, modifieds and late models