Wilwood Forged Dynalite Front Pro Series Brake Kits offer a complete disc brake upgrade solution for Mustang II-equipped street rods and classic pickups. Based on the venerable forged billet 4-piston Dynalite caliper, these versatile kits suit the braking requirements and style preferences for a daily driver, serious competition, or the most discriminating show enthusiast.
Calipers mount directly to the spindle with a bolt-on aluminum bracket. Forged billet, five lug hubs with direct mount cast iron rotors combine to provide a significant weight savings compared to stock disc brakes. Kits include all new hardware, wheel bearings, seals, brake pads, brackets, and extra length lug studs.
Aluminum hubs drilled to accept both 5-on-4-1/2" and 5-on-4-3/4" bolt patterns.
Wilwood Medium Duty Kits Feature:
- Forged 4-piston Dynalite Calipers
- 11" diameter Ultralite HP 30 Vane rotors - bare finish
- Wilwood BP-10 SmartPads - low noise, low dust
- Lightweight clear anodized aluminum hubs
835-1408652 Instructions (PDF)*NOTE*: See Notes tab for important install information.
For use on most aftermarket Mustang II spindles or original Ford spindles from:
- 1974-1980 Pinto
- 1975-1980 Bobcat
- 1974-1978 Mustang II
- If using steel wheels with this kit, you will also need to purchase (2) steel shims part 835-3007500. These shims will prevent steel wheelsfrom galling the aluminum hub.
- Using this kit on aftermarket dropped spindles will require the drilling and tapping of one 3/8"-16 hole in each spindle for mounting the cliper bracket.
- OEM rubber brake hoses generally cannot be adapted to Wilwood calipers. The caliper inlet fitting is a 1/8-27 NPT. The preferred method is to use steel adapter fittings at the caliper, either straight, 45 or 90 degree and enough steel braided line to allow for full suspension travel and turning radius, lock to lock.
- Minimum Wheel Diameter (in): 15"
- Rotor - 11" diameter x .81" thick
- Wheel Stud Diameter: 1/2"-20
- Caliper inlet fitting: 1/8" NPT
- Piston count: 4
- Piston area (in2): 4.8
- Piston type: stainless
- Brake Pad Area (in²): 6.36
+.00" Hub Offset (OEM Track Width)