Weld-On Rear Disc Brake Kit, 1978-88 GM Caliper, 1.59 Inch Backspace
Click image to enlarge
Please note the following about this product:
- This item is sold as a kit.
Q & A (1)
What's in the Box
Replace those old drum brakes with modern rear disc brakes. Mounts .81" x 11-3/4" Pro-lite vented iron rotors and calipers to 3" tube rear end. Complete with rotors, hats, metric calipers (7/16"-20 inlets), brackets, brake pads, caliper brackets and slider bolts.
Hat fits 5 lug hubs with 4-1/2", 4-3/4", or 5" bolt circle.
910-31932 Instructions (PDF)
Brake pad and caliper installation note:
This bracket features a 90 degree bend in the bracket at the slider bolt threaded area for additional caliper support. This part of the bracket may or may not interfere with the corner of the inner brake pad backing plate due to differences in brake pad manufacturers. When this occurs, it will be necessary to simply remove a minimal amount of backing plate material at each corner of the inner brake pad to allow for the necessary clearance between the bracket and brake pad when the caliper and pads are fully installed.
- Caliper Brackets (2)
- Weld onto a 3" axle tube
- Rotors (2)
- GM-style .81" x 11-3/4", 8 on 7" bolt pattern
- Straight vanes, 8 lbs. each
- Rotor Hats (2)
- Machined Aluminum, 1.59" offset
- 3.06" center hole, 6-3/8" I.D., 1/2" stud holes, 1.5 lbs.
- Rotor Bolt and Nut Kit (2)
- Caliper Slider Bolts (4)
- Brake Pads (2 sets)
- Street compound, little metallic, long rotor and pad life
- Calipers - 1978-88 GM Metric (L & R)
- 7/16"-20 inlet
- Cast iron body, 2.38" single piston
- Saves 3.5 lbs. per side compared to '69-'77 GM calipers