Garage Sale - Vertex 1949-1953 Flathead Ford OAC Magneto
Click image to enlarge
Please NOTE the following about this product:
- This product is discontinued.
Q & A
What's in the Box
Race ignition at its best! Compact and light, the Vertex OAC magneto is completely self-contained and independent of the battery. Fits '49-'53 Flathead Ford V8s.
- Rugged 1-piece aluminum housing
- Includes an internal ignition coil
- 10 degrees of advance
- Includes steel drive gear
- Easy one wire hook-up
610-702060 Instructions (PDF)
NO WARRANTY, NO RETURNS ON GARAGE SALE ITEMS
This product has no reviews.
No questions have been asked.
You may also be interested in:
1949-1953 Flathead Ford Mag-Look Electronic DistributorsPrice: $599.99More InfoCompare
Mallory Ignition 2527501 1949-53 Flathead Dual Point DistributorMore InfoCompare
1949-53 Flathead Ford Electronic DistributorMore InfoCompare
Magneto Kill Switch with Rubber BootMore InfoCompare
Vertex V-1040 Magneto Service ManualMore InfoCompare
If you don't want a magneto, but love the looks, get one of these electronic distributors!
These fully self-contained distributors feature full centrifugal advance for ease of starting along with 2-wire hook-up that anyone can handle. Has an internal coil. All modern electronics give you a "State-of-the-Art" ignition system.
Get faster starts, quicker acceleration and better drive-ability from your Flathead Ford V8 with a dual-point Mallory distributor! Each version is full centrifugal advance (works with any carbureted set-up) and uses a remote-mount coil (not included).
The distributor uses all current production parts, so you won't be stuck searching for oddball or old-time replacement components. A better ignition is the single best improvement you can make to a Flathead Ford V8.
- Use with either 12-volt or 6-volt systems
- Full centrifugal advance eliminates the hassle of cumbersome factory vacuum break
- Distributor gear not included
- Early "crab style" equipped engines can be converted using #91015634 timing cover and #91015634 drive gear
- Does not fit some stock fan configurations
500-2527501 Instructions (PDF)
Speedway Motors offers this billet aluminum electronic distributor for the fabulous 1949-1953 Flathead Ford.
- Billet 6061-T6 aluminum housing
- Hardened steel shaft
- Sealed ball bearing & sintered busing
- Extremely accurate magnetic pickup
- Mechanical advance only (no vacuum advance)
- Comes with drive gear installed
NOTE: Requires high energy electronic control box # 910-2015 and coil # 910-8223.
Specially designed for Vertex magneto systems. A must for total driver saftey. Includes water resistant rubber boot.
All about Vertex Magnetos plus never-fail secrets. 26 pages, b&w illustration.