Finally a bolt-on power rack and pinion for 1955-57 Chevy cars. Simply remove the original steering box, idler arm and tie rod assembly and bolt this unit back in using the original mounting holes. Includes tie rod ends, special steering arms, and a pair of banjo fittings to adapt to AN6 fluid lines. Can be used with most GM steering pumps.
- This item must be used with OEM style spindles. It WILL NOT work with dropped spindles.
- Designed for use with S/B Chevy 265-400 c.i. V-8.
- Must use chassis headers and a stock type pan sump for clearance.
- Steering U-joint 910-32255 is required (17mm).
910-32246 Instructions (PDF)
- Our headers 930-C5 and 930-C5H will work with a Small Block and this rack and pinion steering. Our tight-fit headers and Tru-Ram manifolds WILL NOT work.
- If using this rack & pinion kit with a big block (396-502 c.i.), you will need to use a C-notched oil pan, and special headers will be needed from TRI-5 R&D at phone (253) 278-7475.