Unisteer 8001090-01 68-70 Mustang Manual Rack & Pinion Conversion Kit
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
This rack & pinion conversion kit will finally give your classic 1968-70 Mustang the ease of steering and road feel modern cars have. Each kit is engineered to bolt in without sacrificing steering geometry or safety. The custom steering gear is engineered to match the stock suspension, and has NO BUMP STEER. Installation is extremely simple, since the unit is a true bolt-on.
Each kit includes everything needed to do a complete installation on a Mustang with the original column.
1968-70 Mustang with V-8
- This kit will fit Small Block application.
- Per vendor info, it will also work with a big block application provided that a Hooker Super Comp header is used. Other headers used may lend to clearance issues.
- Contains a 9/16-26 spline shaft.
- 4.5 rotations lock to lock.
- Overall width from tip to tip of tie rod threads = 39"
- Center to center of mounting locations is 19 3/8"
More Like This
Unisteer 8000770-01 1967-74 GM Manual Rack & Pinion Conversion Kit
Unisteer 8001110-01 64-66 Mustang Manual Rack & Pinion Conversion Kit
Unisteer 8001120-01 1967 Mustang Manual Rack & Pinion Conversion Kit
Speedway Chrome Mustang II Manual Steering Rack & Pinion
Unisteer 1928-34 Ford Cross-Steer Rack and Pinion, RH Drive
Mustang II Manual Rack and Pinion - SAE Internal Threads
Unisteer 8010400-01 1955-57 Chevy Power Rack & Pinion
Unisteer 8010540-01 1967-74 GM Power Rack & Pinion Kit
Unisteer 8010740-01 68-72 Chevelle BBC Power Rack & Pinion Kit w/Pump
Q & A
Nice graphic courtesy of Bills Hot Rod Company about which of thier Power Steering brackets will work with which water pumps, on both small block and big block Chevy engines.