Unisteer 8010400-01 1955-57 Chevy Power Rack & Pinion
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Finally a bolt-on power rack and pinion for 1955-57 Chevy cars. Simply remove the original steering box, idler arm and tie rod assembly and bolt this unit back in using the original mounting holes. Includes tie rod ends, special steering arms, and a pair of banjo fittings to adapt to AN6 fluid lines. Can be used with most GM steering pumps.
- This item must be used with OEM style spindles. It WILL NOT work with dropped spindles.
- Designed for use with S/B Chevy 265-400 c.i. V-8 with side engine mounts only.
- Must use chassis headers and a stock type pan sump for clearance.
- Steering U-joint 910-32255 is required (17mm).
910-32246 Instructions (PDF)
- Our headers 930-C5 and 930-C5H will work with a Small Block and this rack and pinion steering. Our tight-fit headers and manifolds WILL NOT work.
- If using this rack & pinion kit with a big block (396-502 c.i.), you will need to use a C-notched oil pan, and special headers will be needed from TRI-5 R&D at phone (253) 278-7475.
- Although this kit is fairly simple to install, some modifications are necessary.
- Before starting installation, please be aware of the modifications that are needed to install.
- Please be aware of the specific applications that this kit is intended to fit as outlined above.
- Due to application variables, this kit may not fit all applications and therefore it is recommended to verify that the kit will fit your vehicle combination prior to altering vehicle.
More Like This
Unisteer 8010540-01 1967-74 GM Power Rack & Pinion Kit
Unisteer 8010740-01 68-72 Chevelle BBC Power Rack & Pinion Kit w/Pump
Unisteer 8000770-01 1967-74 GM Manual Rack & Pinion Conversion Kit
Unisteer 8001090-01 68-70 Mustang Manual Rack & Pinion Conversion Kit
Unisteer 8001110-01 64-66 Mustang Manual Rack & Pinion Conversion Kit
Unisteer 8001120-01 1967 Mustang Manual Rack & Pinion Conversion Kit
New T-Bird Power Steering Rack & Pinion for Mustang II Crossmembers
Q & A
Nice graphic courtesy of Bills Hot Rod Company about which of thier Power Steering brackets will work with which water pumps, on both small block and big block Chevy engines.