9 Super 7® 2x2 Carb/Meyer Intake Manifold Kit, 1932-48 Flathead
Click image to enlarge
Please note the following about this product:
- This item is sold as a kit.
Q & A (0)
What's in the Box
This kit uses the Eddie Meyer Flathead Ford intake with Speedway's 9 Super 7® carbs. It includes two carbs, the intake, air cleaners, linkage kit, fuel block, fittings and red fuel line. Assembly required.
Eddie Meyer 32-48 Intake Manifold -
Eddie Meyer was a Flathead Ford genius, and you can take advantage of his knowledge and experience with this dual-carb intake reproduced from the original tooling. This short-runner, non-heated manifold fits 1932-1948 Flathead Ford and Mercury V8s.
- Short, high-flow runners
- Non-heated design
- Requires offset generator mounting
- 8-1/4" carb centers
- Overall Height: 2-1/2" (from block mount to carb base)
9 Super 7® Primary Carbs -
Speedway Motors has incorporated many improvements in the 9Super7 Carb while maintaining the Stromberg 97 carburetor's original look. Features such as the choke assembly, accelerator pump, main jets and cosmetics have all been faithfully retained. Additionally, each carburetor is individually flow tested and inspected for leaks. Perfection is the result! Upgraded internal parts include; the float, needle, and seat. Jetting and power valve settings remain as they were for the original 97 carbs as well as the cfm and vacuum specs.
The 9 Super 7® makes setting up a multiple carburetor induction system easier than when Strombergs were available new. All that's required to do so with our kits is a Uni-Syn syncing tool and a little patience. Be sure to include the Secondary 9 Super 7 when installing 3-carb setups. Our 3 Carb kits come with one primary carburetor and two secondary carburetors while the 2 Carb kits are both primary carbs. See our Multiple Carburetor Tech Tip for more information on using the 9 Super 7® in a 2x2 or 3x2 carb set-up.
On the primary 9 super 7 carb the throttle shaft extends from carb body .983" and has the hole on the end to pin the linkage. There is a brass sleeve that the throttle shaft rotates in that extends from the carb body .400 and this leaves the useable throttle shaft length of .583. There is sufficient room for progressive linkage and the manual throttle linkage that rotates over the sleeve.
- All-new tooling for crisp, flawless castings
- New aluminum base assembly allows for cooler fuel temps and better fuel efficiency as compared to the original cast iron design
- Stainless steel screws and hardware
- Choke assembly, accelerator pump, and jets have all been faithfully retained and accept standard Stromberg parts
- Features original Stromberg 0.97" venturi diameter
- Modern Nitrophyl float and Neoprene gaskets
- Original troublesome needle and seat replaced by a Grose-style fuel inlet valve to better cope with higher fuel pressures and improved high speed running
- Will not stick or dribble like the old Viton-tipped needle and seat setups
- Grose-style jet valve won't corrode in modern fuel, something the original needle and seat units can do
- Comes with a No. 65 power valve and 0.045" main jets, identical to the stock 97
- Extended brass throttle shaft to simplify multi-carb linkage
Note: Not recommended for use with Ethanol fuels.
9 Super 7® Primary Carbs -
- Features .045" main metering jets and a number 65 power valve, which is the same as a stock 97 carb.
- Replacement jet access plug gasket use # 91011542, replacement needle & seat gasket use # 91011543.
- Includes base gasket.
- The 9 Super 7 ® will operate suitably with fuel pressures ranging from 1-1/2 psi to 4 psi, with a desired setting of 2-1/2 psi to 3 psi. Fuel pressure from 4 psi to 7 psi will cause the carburetor to run excessively rich and may cause flooding. Flooding or leaks caused by excessive fuel pressure do not indicate a faulty carburetor.
- Our independent tests produced these flow numbers:
- 3" of Vacuum - 60 CFM
- 10" of Vacuum - 110 CFM
- 15" of Vacuum - 136 1/2 CFM
- 28" of Vacuum - 184 CFM
You may also be interested in:
Eddie Meyer 1932-1948 Flathead Intake ManifoldView$299.99Compare
Eddie Meyer 1949-1953 Flathead Intake ManifoldView$629.99Compare
Adjustable Main Jets for Stromberg-Style CarbsView$49.99Compare