Replace your timing chain with a Speedway Tru-Gear gear drive. Unlike timing chains, a gear drive doesn't stretch, so your cam timing stays more accurate. We builds these drives with dual idler gears, making them more stable than single idler gear drives. A Tru Gear gear drive is as easy to install as a timing chain and will fit under your stock timing chain cover.
- Easy to install
- Compatible with all standard camshafts
- SAE 660 silicon bronze rear thrust ring included
- Rugged Cr40 alloy steel gears assure prolonged trouble-free operation
- Axial needle and cage forward thrust bearings reduce friction
- Designed for precise multiple cam timing adjustments
- Includes 0-2-4-6-8° cam degree bushings
- Absolutely no adverse wear to camshaft or valvetrain components
- Dyno tests prove no horsepower loss compared to a chain
For use on Chevrolet Big Block engines 396-454 c.i.
453-454C Instuctions (PDF)