If you are using ’92-and-later LT4 style D-port heads in your street rod, these shorty headers are for you. The tight-fit headers design fits in a wide variety of applications, and the block hugger headers have built-in OEM-style donut seals on the collectors so no gaskets or collector reducers are needed. These block hugger headers are ceramic coated headers.
- Compact design
- OEM-style exhaust pipe connection
- 3/8” thick flanges w/ oval 1.29" x 1.67" port configuration
- 16-gauge tubing
- Header bolts and exhaust gaskets are included
- Collector reducers are not included but offered below
- May require modification to accommodate knock sensors in some applications
Header Dimensions (GIF)
- 1992 and later LT-4 engines
- Compact design will fit a wide variety of early street rods
- Will not fit 1955-1957 Chevys, Camaros, Chevelles or other modern cars with crossmembers under the two center exhaustt ports
Armor Hot Coating (AHC) is a heat resistant, ceramic coating applied to the outside of the header. This coating will reflect heat, which helps retain more heat within the header tube while simultaneously speeding up the exhaust flow. Not only will this coating help you make more horsepower, it also keeps your headers rust-free, looking great, and lasting longer (when properly maintained). If you are looking for a show-quality finish for your headers, this is it! Our AHC will withstand exhaust temperatures of up to 1300¢ª F.
AHC coated headers will burn and be damaged at exhaust temperatures above 1300 degrees. An excessively lean fuel mixture can generate exhaust temperatures over 1700-1900 degrees. If the coating is burned (which will look like a dull gray) due to a lean condition, it is not warrantied, but the headers can be recoated.
Not legal for sale or use in California on pollution controlled motor vehicles.