Three Chrome 9 Super 7® Carbs to 4-Bbl Intake Manifold Adapter Kit
Click image to enlarge
Please note the following about this product:
- This item is sold as a kit.
Q & A (3)
What's in the Box
This tri power kit allows you to put three Speedway 9 Super 7® carbs on your standard 4 bbl intake manifold. It includes three carbs, the adapter, air cleaners, progressive linkage kit, fuel block, fittings and red fuel line. Assembly required.
Note: Kit will NOT work with HEI distributors due to clearance issues. This system must be used in conjunction with a small diameter based distributor.
- 4 barrel bolt pattern is 5-1/8” side to side and 5-5/8” front to rear
- 2 barrel bolt pattern is 3-1/4” side to side by 1-7/8” front to rear
- Adapter manifold is 2-3/16” tall bottom to top without the gaskets
- Adapter manifold top 3x2 dimension is 4” wide by 13-11/16” long
The 9Super7 Carb® makes setting up a multiple carburetor induction system easier than when Strombergs were available new. All that's required to do so with our kits is a Uni-Syn syncing tool and a little patience. Our 3 Carb kits come with one primary carburetor and two secondary carburetors while the 2 Carb kits are both primary carbs. See our Multiple Carburetor Tech Tip for more information on using the 9 Super 7® in a 2x2 or 3x2 carb set-up.
- Three Deuce carburetor setups come with two "secondary" carbs for front and rear intake position and one "primary" carb for central/middle position
- All-new tooling for crisp, flawless castings
- New aluminum base assembly allows for cooler fuel temps and better fuel efficiency as compared to the original cast iron design
- Stainless steel screws and hardware
- Original troublesome needle and seat replaced by a Grose-style fuel inlet valve to better cope with higher fuel pressures and improved high speed running
- Will not stick or dribble like the old Viton-tipped needle and seat setups
- Extended brass throttle shaft to simplify multi-carb linkage
- Primary Carb - (1) Middle Position
- Choke assembly, accelerator pump, and jets have all been faithfully retained and accept standard Stromberg parts
- Secondary Carb - (2) Front and Rear Position
- Special base plate with no idle circuits or choke linkage
- Special butterflies and shafts installed
- Works best with progressive linkage
- Idle only off the center or main carburetor
- No more plug foul
Note: The secondary carbs have NO choke, and they have NO idle system.
9 Super 7® Primary Carbs -
- Features .045" main metering jets and a number 65 power valve, which is the same as a stock 97 carb.
- Replacement jet access plug gasket use # 91011542, replacement needle & seat gasket use # 91011543.
- Includes base gasket.
- The 9 Super 7 ® will operate suitably with fuel pressures ranging from 1-1/2 psi to 4 psi, with a desired setting of 2-1/2 psi to 3 psi. Fuel pressure from 4 psi to 7 psi will cause the carburetor to run excessively rich and may cause flooding. Flooding or leaks caused by excessive fuel pressure do not indicate a faulty carburetor.
- Our independent tests produced these flow numbers:
- 3" of Vacuum - 60 CFM
- 10" of Vacuum - 110 CFM
- 15" of Vacuum - 136 1/2 CFM
- 28" of Vacuum - 184 CFM
See what other industry experts are saying about the 9 Super 7® here.
You may also be interested in:
Three 2 Barrel Carbs to 4 Barrel Intake AdapterView$149.99Compare
Three Demon 98s to 4 Barrel Adapter - Linkage KitView$59.99Compare
9 Super 7® 3x2 Carb/Offy Intake Manifold Kit, 1932-41 FlatheadView$1,399.99Compare
9 Super 7® 3x2 Carb/Offy Intake Manifold Kit, 1942-48 FlatheadView$1,399.99Compare
9 Super 7® 3x2 Carb/Intake Manifold Kit, 1957-86 S/B ChevyView$1,299.99Compare
Adjustable Main Jets for Stromberg-Style CarbsView$49.99Compare