Thermo Tec 14150 Starter Heat Barrier
Click image to enlarge
Q & A
What's in the Box
In today's high-heat environment, starters take in a lot of damaging heat that destroys the windings of the starter and solenoid. To combat this problem, Thermo-Tec created a non-conductive strap-on heat shield with a highly-reflective mylar surface. The Starter Heat Shield will reflect over 90% of radiant heat up to 2000º F, adding life to the starter and assuring reliable starts. No more of those frustrating temporary starter failures.
The Starter Heat Shield is a universal kit that fits all starters.
You may also be interested in:
DEi 010402 Versa-Shield Universal Starter Heat Shield, 7 x 24 Inch$33.33More Info
Versa-Shield was designed to protect starters from potential failure caused by under hood heat soak conditions. Constructed using an aluminized heat reflective material backed with a hi-temp rated glass fiber insulation barrier, Versa-Shield is capable of reflecting radiant heat up to 2000°F.
Simply wrap desired component with Versa-Shield and trim excess material. Edges attach to itself using a hook & loop edge closure design. In most cases there is no need to remove component when installing Versa-Shield.
- Withstands 500˚F of direct heat/2000˚ radiant
- Edges attach to itself with hook & loop closure design, Velcro™ edges
- Universal-trim length to size
- Can easily be removed for shows
- No need to remove starter for installation in most cases
- Multiple uses to protect master cylinders, cool cans, distributors, fuel pumps & more
- 7” wide x 24” long