These Speedway Mustang IFS kits for 1949-1954 Chevy passenger cars are natural conversions to improve your vehicle's suspension, handling, and overall performance. The Chevy models have frames and fenders which lend themselves nicely to the Mustang front end conversion, without changing the critical geometry. Like our Ford kits, Chevy kits do not bumpsteer at all. Included in these kits are illustrated installation instructions.
- Mounting points of all control arms match the original Ford design
- Factory anti-drive built right in
- 1949-1954 Chevy car frames
- All Speedway crossmembers come in Deluxe versions (welds ground)
- Constructed of 7-gauge steel
- Mustang II cross members using stock spindles will drop the stock ride height 3-4”
- One-Piece Shock Cups are T.I.G. welded in place and have anti-dive built in.
- Vertical Inner Uprights. This is the strongest design available, with twice the weld area. This will keep your frame from twisting!
- Crossmember and Spring Towers precut and pre-welded to fit your frame
- Lower control arm pivot tubes and gussets are NOT included
- Works with both manual or power rack and pinions
Choose from the crossmembers below and add to an IFS kit to get a "hub to hub" front suspension.
Mustang II Crossmember Application Chart (Link)
910-34427 Crossmember Installation Instructions (PDF)
Catalog Correction: Please note that this crossmember does not apply to a '53-'62 Corvette application. Speedway Motors does not currently offer a crossmember for this Corvette application.
Note: Additional items may be needed to complete installation. You may want to include our Mustang II ride height adjusters (91034444) for installation with these crossmembers to fine tune your final ride height up to 2".
Note: When using this crossmember with our "power" steering rack, you may also need (2) rack spacers (9101023). (These spacers are included with our Mustang II suspension kits.)