Posies Super Slide Springs D441 47-54 Chevy/GM Pickup Front Springs
Click image to enlarge
Please NOTE the following about this product:
- This item is sold as a pair.
Q & A
What's in the Box
These Dual-Flex front springs by Posies lower your classic Chevy 1/2-ton pickup 3" more than a set of new replacement springs. The unique 2-leaf tapered design offers a better ride and provides a 100% increase in safety over mono-leaf springs.
Includes new U-bolts for easy installation. Shackle and spring bolts sold separately.
Note: If used in conjunction with a dropped front axle, you may encounter bump steer and tie rod issues.
Item Details3" drop
You may also be interested in:
1947-59 Chevy Half-Ton Pickup King Pin SetMore Info
1947-54 Chevy/GMC Pickup Dropped AxlePrice: $399.99More Info
Posies Super Slide Springs 440 47-54 Chevy/GMC Pickup Rear SpringsPrice: $369.99More Info
Bolt-In 1947-54 Chevy Pickup Mustang II CrossmemberMore Info
Odds are the kingpins on your old half-ton Chevy truck are shot. These new kingpin sets include the parts you need to tighten up the old girl again.
910-32130 Instructions (PDF)
Our 3" dropped axle for your classic '47-'54 Chevy half-ton pick-up will get the front end down where you want it. The center portion of the axle is made of 2" DOM tubing while the ends are CNC milled for solid steel. These axles give you 3" of drop.
The Chevy axles require the steering arm to be modified to accept rod ends or tie rods. U-bolts sold separately.
- King pin to king pin centers = 50.5"
- 6" drop measured from spring pad to spindle boss center
- Axle accepts a 1-3/4" wide spring
- Spring pad center-to-center = 26.75"
- Center to center of u-bolt holes is 2.30" side to side
- Center to center of u-bolt holes front to rear is 3.195"
- Spring pad width is 29.072" center to center of the outer U-bolt holes
- Axle Kingpin Boss Height: 2-7/16" (2.438")
- Axle will provide a camber reading of -1.5 degrees
These multi-leaf rear springs by Posies lower your classic Chevy 3100 1/2-ton pickup 3" more than a set of stock replacement springs. Super Slide springs incorporate moly-nylon buttons that reside in die-formed pockets at the tips of the spring leave. Replace your 50 year old stock springs with these new, computer-designed leaf springs for a much smoother ride.
Factory spec spring eye bushings come with springs. Shackles, shackle bolts and U-bolts sold seperately.
Our bolt-in Mustang II suspension kit for 1947-1954 Chevy half-ton and 3/4 ton pickups includes all hardware and instructions.
- Completely bolt in - no welding required
- Based on proven Mustang II geometry
- Complete with bolt in boxing plates to reinforce the frame
- Interlocking design for ultimate strength
- Threaded adjusters to fine tune ride height
- Full lower A-arms required with this crossmember (strutless type)
- Requires the use of a power rack and pinion and tubular control arms
- NOT for use with air ride
910-44754 Instructions (PDF)Note: Use bolt-in motor mount kit 910-54754 to mount your S/B Chevy.