Speedway Vega Cross Steering Box
Click image to enlarge
Q & A (10)
What's in the Box
The Vega Manual Steering Box is the foundation of a cross steering system, which is the most popular steering system for modern Hot Rods. These boxes are compact, durable and are getting more scarce every day.
This unit bolts up to all normal Vega-type brackets and accepts Vega-spline u-joints, pitman arms and accessories. Durable cast iron and machined steel construction will give years of high-mileage service.
- New castings and components
- Faithful reproduction of size, shape and mounting hole locations
- No core charge
Cross Steering Guide (GIF)
Note: Vega steering box is not adjusted at the factory and therefore, it is necessary that the steering box be adjusted upon installation per the instructions as provided on the PDF instruction sheet.
910-32204 Instructions (PDF)
- Must use pitman arm #702-2924 or #702-2925.
- Recommended for vehicles under 2800 lbs.
- The Vega box is the best choice for Model T - 1934 Ford chassis. 1935-48 chassis can use this Vega box or, if you need power steering, use Saginaw box 910-32500.
- Output Shaft (for Pitman arm):
- Splined area tapers from .997" to .934"
- Centerline through the output shaft to the front of the box is about 3"
- Overall length of the box not including the input shaft is 5-3/4"
- Input shaft extend rearward 1-3/16"
- From adjust screw to end of output shaft is 8"
- From outside of box to area on mounting surface is 4-1/2"
- Box has a swell in the casting that extends past the mounting legs an additional 1/4"
- Mounting pattern is 2-3/4" and 4-3/8" center to center of the three mounting holes
You may also be interested in:
Flaming River FR1500C Chrome Vega Steering BoxView$729.99Compare
Flaming River FR1500TC Chrome Tech-V Vega Steering BoxView$999.99Compare