Speedway Street King Ford AOD Transmission
Click image to enlarge
Q & A
What's in the Box
Hook your 289-302-351W Ford V8 engine to a modern Ford AOD automatic overdrive transmission so you can keep those stump-pulling low rear end gears. This kit includes Speedway's Street King AOD Ford transmission compltely remanufactured with heavy duty clutches, special shift kit, and 12" torque converter. Street King units are perfect as a replacement on any Fox body Mustang, or as an upgrade for your restomod or Ford powered street rod.
Requires a 164-tooth flexplate (NOT included). Transmission has a one year warranty.
NOTE: Must also purchase block plate listed for proper torque converter engagement.
574-53103 Instructions (PDF)
- This transmission must be used with either an original 1965-Up 289/302/351W engine block plate or our 910-29012 block plate. Failure to install this plate may cause damage to transmission due to inadequate clearance between converter and front pump.
- Flexplate NOT included. Requires 164-tooth flexplate.
Speedway Street King AOD transmission features:
- Handles up to 450 HP
- 2200-2400 rpm stall 12" torque converter
- Firm, crisp shifts from Kevlar bands & H.D. clutches
- Extra wide overdrive band & extra 3-4 clutches to cushion downshifts
- Street/Strip Valve Body - everyday street driving and weekend trips to the drag strip
- Improved Lubrication Circuits - reduced heat/prolonged life
- Chrome steel transmission pan
- Block Plate Thickness: .060"
Item DetailsIncludes TV pressure cable, dipstick, & fill tube
You may also be interested in:
B&M 70265 Super Cooler Polished Aluminum Transmission Oil CoolerMore Info
Universal Transmission Cooler Installation KitMore Info
Lokar ATS6A0DAN Nostalgia Ford AOD Shifter w/ Free BootPrice: $239.99More Info
BluePrint 302 Ford Hot Rod Crate Engine w/ Front Sump PanMore Info
Lokar COS6AODAN Nostalgia Cable Operated Shifter, Ford AODPrice: $349.99More Info
Lokar Ford AOD Floor Mount ShifterPrice: $229.99More Info
Lokar KD-2AODHT Ford/AOD Stainless Steel Kickdown CableMore Info
Lokar KD-2AODU Ford/AOD Black Kickdown CablePrice: $79.99More Info
Lokar ATS6AODAN Nostalgia Auto Transmission Shifter, Ford AOD, 23 Inch$376.95Price: $300.99More Info
Ford 28 Spline Slip Yoke for T-5/C4/Toploader/AOD/AODE Trans, 1310 U-jointPrice: $84.99More Info
Ford 289-351W C4-AOD Transmission Block PlatePrice: $49.99More Info
The last thing you need in the middle of a race or a road trip is to have a transmission or engine go south because your oil cooler can't keep up. B&M's SuperCooler oil coolers will keep your transmission or engine cool and running in your time of need. They're made of lightweight aluminum, with an efficient "stacked plate" design. Multiple cooling paths give them the cooling capacity of larger fan-and-tube coolers. And, because they have a low pressure-drop design, there is less oiling-system restriction.
100% brazed construction provides superior strength and minimum overall size. Stacked fin and plate design is 33% more efficient than the same size tube-and-fin cooler.
Measures 4-1/2" x 11" x 1-1/2" thick with female 1/2 NPT ports. Cooler efficiency rating of 7,500 BTU.
This automatic transmission cooler installation kit includes 5/16" hose and fittings.
Lokar's Nostalgia Shifter is designed with 2 bends in the lever and a black mushroom knob for a nostalgic hot rod look. It has 23" lever, Teflon-lined Safety-Lock-Out button, main plate, and side brackets.
For Ford AOD automatic overdrive transmissions.
Free boot with purchase of Nostalgia Shifter!
Need a new engine for your Blue Oval ride? This Speedway exclusive crate motor will work great in your street rod or classic pickup truck. Machined and assembled at BluePrint Engines, each engine is dyno tested and includes the dyno sheet. Has a 30 month/50,000 mile manufacturer's warranty.
Dyno Sheet (PDF) (Note: This sheet represents one example engine. Your individual engine may differ slightly.)
- 300+ Horsepower @ 5300
- 320+ ft lbs @ 3800
- Hand picked .040" over seasoned block
- Squared and parallel decked
- Align honed main bearing bore
- Cylinders computer honed to within .0002"
- Cylinders sonic tested
- Brass freeze plugs
- 9.6-1 compression ratio
- Premium cast 2MAE crankshaft - ground 10/10
- Balanced rotating assembly
- Harmonic balancer
- Melling hi-volume oil pump
- Chrome front sump oil pain
- Hyd. Roller camshaft .543 int./.554 exh. lift, 218 int./226 exh. duration @ .050, 112° lobe separation
- H.D. double roller timing chain
- Timing cover w/ dipstick hole
- Modified Ford E7TE cast iron heads
- 1.94" swirl polished intake valves
- 1.60" swirl polished exhaust valves
- Hardened retainers and springs
- Hardened pushrods
- Finned aluminum valve covers and breathers
- Polished aluminum dual plane 4bbl intake manifold
- Distributor installed and timing set
- Automatic transmission 157 tooth flexplate included (not installed)
Learn more about these crate engines by reading our article, "Building a Better SBF" as featured in Custom Classic Trucks Magazine.Crate Engine Installation Guide (PDF)
Truck Freight Shipping Charges Apply - click here for details.
There are times that things just don't allow for a standard transmission mounted shifter. Luckily these shifters mount to the floor and use a cable to change gears. They have the 23" two bend lever with the black mushroom knob for the perfect "Hot Rod" look.
- 48" long cable length
- For Ford AOD automatic transmission
- 23" tall shifter lever
- Mounts directly to vehicle floor
When you get a Lokar shifter, you know you're buying quality. Lokar shifters are built to deliver outstanding performance and safety with their patented Safety Lock-Out button. The button prevents accidental shifting from park into reverse, drive, and low gears,
- Neutral safety switch
- Completely adjustable mounting bracket that allows for a wide range of installation positions
- Includes a brushed aluminum mushroom shift knob
- For Ford AOD Transmission
- Floor mount
- Lever actuated
- 6" Lever
Lokar's "U-Cut-to-Fit" Hi-Tech Kickdown Cable features a stainless steel braided housing. They are designed with a specially extruded liner for extended life of the cable – not to be confused with ordinary brake hose. Kickdown features aluminum fittings with ferrule to eliminate frayed cable ends. Kickdown cable is adaptable for all types of manifolds including tunnel ram, blower manifolds and Weber induction systems. Mount the kickdown with a Stainless Steel Carburetor Bracket and Return Springs (sold separately).
Complete instructions included in kit.
Lokar's "U-Cut-to-Fit" Hi-Tech Kickdown Cable features a black housing. They are designed with a specially extruded liner for extended life of the cable – not to be confused with ordinary brake hose. Kickdown features aluminum fittings with ferrule to eliminate frayed cable ends. Kickdown cable is adaptable for all types of manifolds including tunnel ram, blower manifolds and Weber induction systems. Mount the kickdown with a Stainless Steel Carburetor Bracket and Return Springs (sold separately).
Complete instructions included in kit.
Lokar Nostalgia Shifters are reminiscent of the early days of hot rodding. The classic double bend chromed lever and Black Mushroom knob gives you a “Blast to the Past” and is another exceptional example of Lokar’s quality. This shifter is 23” in length and shares all of the same outstanding features of our single bend shifters including our Safety Lock-Out Button, neutral safety switch, main plate, and side brackets. Shifter boots sold separately.
These 28 spline steel slip yokes for 1310 u-joints are designed to work with T-5/C4/Toploader/AOD/AODE Ford transmissions.
- 28 spline
- 1310 u-joint
Note: 1310 equates to a u-joint width of 3-1/4"
We use this plate with our Flathead Ford to C-4 transmission adaptor kit to provide additonal torque convertor clearance (insufficient convertor clearance will ruin the transmission front pump).