Speedway Small Block Chevy Short Aluminum Water Pump, Polished
Click image to enlarge
Q & A
What's in the Box
Speedway Short Aluminum water pumps flow 35 gallons per minute at 4,000 RPM, with minimal cavitation and proportionally increased flow rates at 5,000 RPM and above. Equalized water flow distribution and pressure-balanced water passages minimize internal engine hot-spots making these pumps an excellent alternative for not only light duty racing, but also marine, trucks, towing, and motorhome applications. Cruisers and hot rodders will appreciate the improved cooling at low speeds.
"Short" style pumps came on all factory small block V8s from 1955 to 1968. However, this pump will fit all S/B Chevys up to 1985.
910-15545 Instructions (PDF)
Learn how to choose the correct water pump for your application by reading our tech article. SBC - Short vs Long Water Pump.
- Not to be used on engines that exceed 5500 rpm. It is better suited to street use than serious racing use.
- This pump does not have a set screw to positively retain the hub like a race pump.
Item Details5/8" pilot
You may also be interested in:
Tuff Stuff 1354NA 1955-68 S/B Chevy Economy Chrome Water PumpPrice: $119.99More Info
Small Block Chevy Polished Ribbed Aluminum Short Water PumpPrice: $144.99More Info
Chevy Short Water Pump Bolt Kit, Stainless SteelMore Info
King Chrome Short Water Pump for 1955-1968 Small Block ChevyMore Info
King Chrome Small Block Chevy Short Water Pump Bolt KitMore Info
Book - The Official Guide to Cooling SystemsPrice: $14.99More Info
Red Line 80204 Water Wetter Coolant AdditiveMore Info
These water pumps are chrome plated and are perfect for your 1955-68 small block Chevy "driver."
- 3/4" NPT top port
- 1/2" NPT side port
Accents any small block Chevy installation. "Short" style (1955-1968) with 5⁄8" shaft and dual bolt pattern hub. 1⁄2" NPT ports at the top and inlet side for heater hose hook-up. Inlet accepts 1-3⁄4" radiator hoses.
These stainless steel bolt kits will dress up your Small Block Chevy engine while giving it corrosion-resistant performance. Allen head.
- 3 each 3/8-16 x 1 3/4 Stainless Steel Socket Head Cap Screw
- 1 each 3/8-16 x 2 1/2 Stainless Steel Socket Head Cap Screw
- 4 each 3/8 AN Stainless Steel Flat Washers
King Chrome standard flow, "short leg" style water pump designed for 1955-68 small block Chevy (SBC) V8s. Made from OEM castings, King Chrome housings are hand polished to a higher standard before being triple chrome-plated for a show-quality finish. Housings are then assembled using all NEW components.
- Standard volume (OEM style) water pump
- Includes a 3/4” NPT allen head chrome plug for the top port
- Includes a 5/8” chrome hose nipple for the passenger side port
- Mounted length: 6"
- Hose I.D.: 1.81"
- Shaft Diameter: .63"
- Shaft Length: .38"
- Gaskets Included
- Chrome plated cast iron
- Weight: 8.05 lbs
- Clearance from back of pump to engine block mount is .88"
- This product has a 1 year warranty from date of purchase
Learn about the differences between "short" and "long" style Chevy water pumps by reading our tech article, SBC - Short vs Long Water Pump.
A bolt kit for a S/B Chevy short water pump. All feature that unique King Chrome premium chrome plating. Fits Small Block Chevy (SBC).
Learn the secrets of how a cooling system works so you can solve your own cooling system problems. This book was written by a man who has 20-plus years preparing pre-1948 cars for the 4,000-mile Great Race across the United States. Great info for all, but geared toward the Flathead Ford V8.
By Randy Rundle. 8.5" x 11", 36 pages.
Red Line Water Wetter Super Coolant additive is a unique wetting agent which reduces coolant temperatures by as much as 20° F. This is a liquid coolant treatment product which is designed to be added to solutions of antifreeze and water to help improve the heat transfer properties of glycol-based antifreeze. This liquid product can be used to provide rust and corrosion protection in plain water for racing engines, which provides much better heat transfer properties than glycol-based antifreeze. Improves the ability of coolant to wet heat transfer surfaces by 50%.
- Reduces or eliminates bubbles that form on hot metal surfaces to reduce coolant temperatures by up to 20°
- Superior heat transfer properties compared to glycol-based antifreeze
- Compatible with new or used antifreeze (including DEX-COOL and long-life versions) to improve the heat transfer of ethylene and propylene glycol systems
- Improves heat transfer and reduces cylinder head temperature
- Designed for use with all modern aluminum, cast iron, copper, brass and bronze cooling systems
- Cleans and lubricates water pump seals
- Reduces cavitation and complexes with hard water to reduce scaling
- Does not lower cooling system below the thermostatically-controlled temperature
- 12 fl. oz. bottle treats 12-20 quarts
Water Wetter Tech Info (PDF)
Learn more about how cooling systems work with proper coolant mixture and additives by reading our tech article. Cooling System Principles.