Speedway Red Electric Fuel Pump
Click image to enlarge
Q & A
What's in the Box
Speedway Electric fuel pump is a standard pressure street pump for gasoline only. It has a maximum pressure preset of 7 psi and a free flow capacity of 97 gph. It flows 67 gph while maintaining 5 psi. No regulator required.
- Internally regulated at 7 psi
- Gravity fed fuel "pusher" design
- Mount below lowest point of fuel tank
- 3-1/2" from mounting bracket surface to the very front of the pump
- Fittings with pump are for 3/8" hose
The best location for mounting any electric fuel pump is the rear of the vehicle. The inlet and outlet of the pump must be mounted below the lowest point of the tank. This is necessary to allow for an adequate fuel supply. The pump is designed to push fuel and not designed to suck fuel out of the tank. It needs to be gravity-fed or if it’s pulling from the top of the tank, it needs to develop a siphon feed to the pump. The pump should be mounted on the chassis, IN A VERTICAL POSITION WITH THE PUMP MOTOR ON TOP. Avoid exposure of the pump and fuel lines to moving parts and to any hot areas, such as the exhaust manifold. The pump should not be mounted in a closed area, such as the vehicle’s trunk.
This is a 12 volt pump and the pressure is NOT adjustable. Pressure is pre set at 7 psi and maintains 5 psi while flowing 67 gph. If less pressure is needed you will need to also order a regulator such as part number 56058500. Pressure needs to be supplied as specified for the carburetor in use. Using too much pressure will force the fuel past the needle and seat in the carburetor and cause excessive fuel in the engine and the related problems.
You may also be interested in:
Holley 12-801-1 97 GPH Red Electric Fuel Pump$124.99More Info
Aeromotive 11209 High Output Billet Electric Fuel Pump, 7 PSIPrice: $209.99More Info
Holley's Red Electric fuel pump is a standard pressure street pump for gas only. It has a pressure preset of 7 psi and a free flow capacity of 97 gph. It flows 67 gph while maintaining 5 psi. No regulator required. Has a 3/8" NPT inlet and outlet.
- Tumble polished billet look
- Improved design for street/strip applications
- Distinctive "Red" logo
- Flows 97 GPH (free flow)
- Flows 71 GPH at 4 PSI
- Regulator is not required
- Motor draws only 2 amps current
- 7-1/2 Amp fuse recommended
- Provides constant fuel flow with no pulsation
- Has externally accessible pressure relief valve (max 7 PSI)
- Rotor/Vane pump design is more tolerant of contaminated fuels
- New lower housing casting for enhanced fuel flow and quieter operation
- Weighs only 2.88 lbs.
- Includes mounting bracket
- Repair kits are readily available
- NOT compatible with alcohol or methanol fuels
- Use of safety shut-off switch strongly recommended
- Not designed or recommended for use with fuel injection systems
- 3/8 NPT inlet/outlet
Fuel Pump Tech Info (PDF)
This is the new standard in 12-volt electric fuel pumps. This pump boasts a high-quality billet aluminum body and pumping mechanism that feature Aeromotive's proprietary composite rotors, stainless steel vanes and precious-ground, heat-treated steel plates. The black pump has a flow volume exceeding 90 GPH and is internally regulated to 7 psi, making it ideal for carbureted street applications up to 600 horse power. Has a polished body that look great on any street rod or race car.
- Durable billet construction
- Fuel flow exceeds 90 GPH at 5 PSI and draws less than 5 amps.
- Internally regulated to 7 PSI
- Eliminates the need for a separate regulator on most carburetors
- Rated for continuous duty
- Pumping mechanism features a composite rotor, stainless steel vanes and heat treated steel top and bottom plates for durability
- 3/8” NPT inlet and outlet ports