Speedway GM Engine Wiring Harness, 1999-02 LS1
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Take the fear out of electronic fuel injection! These engine wiring harnesses are designed to make your engine transplant effortless. Each new harness contains in-depth application-specific instruction sheets, clearly marked factory GM connectors, labeled GXL jacketed wire, GM color coding, and pre-fitted corrugated slit loom for an extra value and professional look. All un-needed emissions wiring is eliminated to make the install as simple and reliable as possible. Standard length harnesses are 54" from the back of the engine to the PCM connectors.
- Made from premium grade GXL jacketed automotive wire
- Most wiring is larger gauge than stock application for durability
- No splices to reduce points of failure
- All primary grounding is done at the head or block and grounding points are isolated from each other to reduce electrical interference and minimize ground looping
- Harness wiring matches GM wiring configuration and jacket colors follow GM color coding for easy identification
- All electrical connectors are made by Delphi or Packard and are direct fit for GM cars and trucks
- Can be installed to run engine in 20 minutes, but figure 4-6 hours for a professional installation
- Diagnostic connector or OBD2 port for connection to scanners and tuning tools
- Made in the USA.
Uses ECM # 09354896 or 12200411 Red and Blue type.
12 position fuse block for circuit isolation and superior protection:
- Fuel Relay
- Ignition on switched power
- ECM Trans, MAF
- Coil L
- Coil R
- O2 heater
- Injector Power L
- Injector Power R
- Fan relay
OBD 2 Diagnostic Port - Diagnostic connector or OBD2 port for connection to scanners and tuning tools.
Fuel Pump Relay is Included - If you're on the road, the last thing you want to do is go looking for a special-order replacement relay. These relays are basic and common to the automotive industry and can be purchased from almost all auto parts stores. No specific part number needed - just take it in and match it up. It's is that simple.
Fan Relays are included - Same as the fuel pump relay, these are premium quality relays with a peak current load rating of 30 amps so it can handle most fans, however if the fan requires more current to operate then they can be replaced by a 40 amp relay from any auto parts seller.
Fan Wiring - Fan wiring is installed in this harness and runs through from the relay location to the engine location. The wiring consists of 2 wires, 1 is a B+ for FAN#1 and 1 is a B+ for FAN#2. The grounding for the fans will need to be done at the fan location.
Gauge Wiring - There is a breakout near the fuse block that has the following wire for gauges, etc.:
- Service Engine Light negative trigger for use with a light bulb
- Park Neutral indicator wiring for the ecm to adjust RPM in drive gears, not for safety switch
- Brake Switch for activation of torque converter lock up (to be active when brakes are applied)
- Tachometer for use of engine RPM meter
- Electronic Speedo output for running a electronic speedometer (see speedo manufacturer specs)
- Harnesses without fans will have fan 1 and 2 relay trigger wiring
- ALL OTHER gauge wiring is part of the chassis wiring and is NOT included in this wiring harness
Alternator Wiring - The field wiring is part of this harness and plugs into the alternator, the main big wire from the back of the alternator at the post is NOT in this harness.
Coil Pack Wiring - This harness has wiring up to the 7 pin connector at the coil pack mini harness located at each valve cover. This harness is not set up for remote coil locations however an extension harness can be purchased separately to move coils from the top of the engine.
Oil Pressure - Because the stock oil pressure sensor is not correct for aftermarket gauges it is NOT part of this harness, on electronic throttle engines the ECM looks at oil pressure so there is a sensor connection on those engines only (NOT a gauge connection).
Oxygen Sensors - This harness is set up to use the 99 Camaro LS1 BOSCH #13444
Transmission - This harness is made with 4L60E and manual 6 speed connections included, also has speed sensor wiring. ECM programming will need to match transmission style.
Premium Grade Wire and Manufacturing - All new GXL thicker jacketed automotive wire. Most wiring is larger gauge than stock application for durability. NO splices to reduce points of failure. All primary grounding is done at the head or block and grounding points are isolated from each other to reduce electrical interference and minimize ground looping. Harness wiring matches GM wiring configurations from verified schematics and jacket colors are easily identifiable and follow GM color coding. All electrical connectors are made by DELPHI or Packard and are direct fit for GM and are the same as used on GM cars and trucks.
Easy Installation - This harness is clearly labeled and is able to be installed to run the engine in about 20 minutes, but for that professional install figure on about 4-6 hours. These harnesses feature all of the connection points necessary to run the engine and transmission if applicable. The emission equipment has been eliminated and only the needed connections to run the engine and transmission are incorporated. ECM programming will need to be done to remove all of the unneeded trouble codes that may be active from the stock application. Programming will need to be done to remove VATS (vehicle anti theft system) programming otherwise the engine will not run. These wiring products do not include any type of VATS module to defeat the theft system.
WarrantiesWarranty - Lifetime for the original owner against defects in workmanship within the wiring harness only, not time, or any damage in result of defective workmanship of the wiring.
More Like This
Painless Wiring 60508 1999-2002 GM LS1 Engine Harness
Painless Wiring 60509 1999-2002 GM LS1 Engine Harness, Extended
Speedway 1999-2002 LS1 Engine Wiring Harness, Extended
Painless Wiring 60217 1999-2005 GM Vortec Engine Harness
Painless Wiring 60218 1999-2005 GM Vortec Engine Harness, Extended
Painless Wiring 60502 1992-1997 GM LT1 Engine Harness
Painless Wiring 60127 LS1 Coil Pack Relocation Harness
Speedway 1994-1997 LT1 Engine Wiring Harness
Speedway 1999-2003 Vortec V8 Wiring Harness
Speedway 1985-1992 GM TBI Engine EFI Wiring Harness
Q & A
Speedway Motors employee Pat O. talks about the King Bee Headlight and a few conduit options available at Speedway Motors.