These forged steel drop axles are perfect for your next street rod project! Our dropped front axle sizes keep the wheels inside the fenders. Keeping the wheels tucked in the fenders allows for a lower ride height with adequate tire clearance. All of our I-beam axles feature a 4 inch drop and are designed as a replacement Ford front axle. With a versatile design, these dropped axles also allow you to use your stock 1937-48 Ford spindles or our Ford I-beam reproduction spindles. 47" wide from king pin centers, our street rod axles are sized according to original mounting specs, making a stress free conversion for your classic Ford styled front end.
- 1-piece forged steel design
- Axle forging is ground smooth and bead blasted for a superior finish
- 4" drop
- 47" wide (king pin centers)
- Accepts stock '37-'48 Ford spindles or Speedway Ford-style reproduction spindles
- 34-1/2" spring perch centers
- Use with 29" cross spring
- 2-1/4" tall wishbone boss
Note: In order to use this axle with 2 inch wishbones, you will need to machine the inside of your wishbones and/or the axle for them to work together. The spring perch bosses on stock Model A wishbones are 2-1/4 inches, as are '37-and-later Fords, but '32-36 Ford wishbones come in at 2 inches.
Front Axle/Suspension Tech Tips (GIF)