Speedway 1955-57 Chevy Car Front Disc Brake Kit
Click image to enlarge
Please note the following about this product:
- This item is sold as a kit.
Q & A (12)
What's in the Box
Just what's needed to update your classic Tri-Five Chevy! Eliminate those archaic ball bearings and gain first class stopping power all at once with this front disc brake conversion kit. Rotors and caliper brackets bolt onto your original spindles with no modification or machining required. Calipers mount to the front of the spindle.
This disc brake kit will increase the total front track width by 1-3/4" (7/8” per side).
- Uses 11" rotors and 1969-72 GM calipers (7/16"-20 inlets)
- May not clear some 14" wheels
- Bolts onto stock '55-'57 spindles with no machine work
- Includes rubber brake hoses
910-31949 Instructions (PDF)
- This kit will not work with the original '55-'64 Chevy 4-wheel drum brake master cylinder. It does not have the capacity to supply the proper amount of pressure for front disc brakes. For best results, we recommend using master cylinder booster kit 910-31974 (disc/drum) or 910-35557 (disc/disc) with this front disc brake conversion.
- Front drum-to-disc brake conversions also require a proportioning valve to be installed in the rear brake line circuit. The proportioning valve modulates pressure to the rear brakes which is necessary to prevent the rear brakes from locking up in an emergency stop situatiuon. Recommended master cylinder booster kits 910-31974 and 910-35557 incude an adjustable proportioning valve to allow for a proper installation of front disc brakes.
- Some grinding to the steering arms may be required to achieve full turning radius.
You may also be interested in:
Speedway Basic Brake Kit for 1955-57 Chevy CarView$79.99Compare