Speedway Deluxe 1964-74 GM Car Front Disc Brake Kit
Click image to enlarge
Please note the following about this product:
- This item is sold as a kit.
Q & A (29)
What's in the Box
Front disc brakes provide a significant improvement in braking performance versus the drum brakes your car came with. This complete front disc brake conversion kit fits 1964-72 GM A-Body, 1967-69 GM F-Body and 1968-74 X-Body using your stock disc brake spindles or our new replacement stock height disc brake spindles # 910-34900.
Kit includes 11" diameter vented brake rotor with 5 on 4-3/4" wheel bolt pattern, '69-'77 GM style calipers (7/16"-20 inlets), caliper brackets, brake pads, backing plates, rubber brake lines, and all necessary bearings, seals and hardware for an easy, complete installation onto factory disc brake spindles.
Note: Brake kit will not fit our 2" dropped spindles # 910-34906 or stock drum brake spindles. Must be used with stock style disc brake spindles and 15" diameter or larger wheels.
910-31958 Instructions (PDF)
Brake kit fits:
- 1964-72 Chevelle, Malibu, El Camino
- 1967-69 Camaro, Firebird
- 1968-74 Nova, Ventura, Omega, Apollo
- Kit will not work with 14" wheels. Must be 15" wheels or larger.
- Kit must be used with original GM disc brake spindles our our new spindles # 910-34900. The difference between disc brake and drum brake spindles is at boss at the top where the barcket would mount. On drum brake spindles, this boss stuck out farther than disc brake spindles. Approximately .610" would have to be removed from this boss to work with these spindles.
- We recommend using brake booster/master cylinder combo 910-31978 with this front disc brake kit. Stock single reservoir 4-wheel drum brake master cylinders do not have the capacity to supply the proper amount of pressure for front disc brakes. Combo 910-31978 also includes an adjustable proportioning valve which is to be installed in the rear brake line circuit. The proportioning valve modulates pressure to the rear brakes which is necessary to prevent the rear brakes from locking up in an emergency stop situatiuon.
You may also be interested in:
1964-1974 GM Disc Brake Booster Conversion Kit ComboView$249.99Compare