Speedway Chrome Vega Cross Steering Box
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Our chrome Vega steering box bolts up to all normal Vega-type brackets and accepts Vega spline U-joints, pitman arms, and accessories.
- Durable cast iron and machined steel construction
- Gives years of high-mileage service
- Faithful reproduction of size, shape and mounting hole locations
- No core charge
- Must use pitman arm #702-2924 or #702-2925.
- Recommended for vehicles under 2800 lbs.
- The Vega box is the best choice for Model T - 1934 Ford chassis. 1935-48 chassis can use this Vega box or, if you need power steering, use Saginaw box 910-32500.
- Input shaft (for steering u-joint)
- 5/8-36 spline
- Output Shaft (for Pitman arm):
- 1" O.D.
- 4 master splined shaft
- Splined area tapers from .997" to .934"
- Centerline through the output shaft to the front of the box is about 3"
- Overall length of the box not including the input shaft is 5-3/4"
- Input shaft extend rearward 1-3/16"
- From adjust screw to end of output shaft is 8"
- From outside of box to area on mounting surface is 4-1/2"
- Box has a swell in the casting that extends past the mounting legs an additional 1/4"
- Mounting pattern is 2-3/4" and 4-3/8" center to center of the three mounting holes
More Like This
Speedway Vega Cross Steering Gear Box
Flaming River FR1541 Reversed Corvair Steering Box
Flaming River FR1500TC Chrome Tech-V Vega Steering Box
Flaming River FR1500C Chrome Vega Steering Box
Sweet Mfg. 301-30235 Power Steering Servo, .235 Lite-Medium
Sweet Mfg. 301-30250 Power Steering Servo, .250 Medium
KSE Racing KSG7061-185 700 Series Steering Box, 6:1, .185 Valve
Flaming River FR1500 Vega Steering Box
Sweet Mfg. 208-12250 1964-88 GM Power Steering Box, 12:1, .250 Valve
Sweet Mfg. 301-30275 Power Steering Servo, .275 Medium-Heavy