Speedway Chrome Vega Cross Steering Box
Click image to enlarge
Q & A
What's in the Box
Our chrome Vega steering box bolts up to all normal Vega-type brackets and accepts Vega spline U-joints, pitman arms, and accessories.
- Durable cast iron and machined steel construction
- Givse years of high-mileage service
- Faithful reproduction of size, shape and mounting hole locations
- No core charge
- Must use pitman arm #702-2924 or #702-2925.
- Recommended for vehicles under 2800 lbs.
- The Vega box is the best choice for Model T - 1934 Ford chassis. 1935-48 chassis can use this Vega box or, if you need power steering, use Saginaw box 910-32500.
- Input shaft (for steering u-joint)
- 5/8-36 spline
- Output Shaft (for Pitman arm):
- 1" O.D.
- 4 master splined shaft
- Splined area tapers from .997" to .934"
- Centerline through the output shaft to the front of the box is about 3"
- Overall length of the box not including the input shaft is 5-3/4"
- Input shaft extend rearward 1-3/16"
- From adjust screw to end of output shaft is 8"
- From outside of box to area on mounting surface is 4-1/2"
- Box has a swell in the casting that extends past the mounting legs an additional 1/4"
- Mounting pattern is 2-3/4" and 4-3/8" center to center of the three mounting holes
You may also be interested in:
Flaming River FR1500 Vega Steering BoxMore Info
Flaming River FR1500TC Chrome Tech-V Vega Steering BoxPrice: $949.99More Info
Stainless Steel Vega Pitman Steering Arm, Tapered for Ford Tie Rod EndMore Info
Vega Steering Box Mount for Ford Model T - 1934 FramesMore Info
The Flaming River Performance Vega Steering Box is an all new unit designed specifically for street rods. This box is 30% stronger than the OEM box, and it uses a needle bearing design to far outlast the original bushing design of the 70's. The Vega Steering Box features new castings and components. A faithful reproduction of size, shape and mounting hole locations and no core charge.
- Manufactured from aircraft steel alloy
- Durable cast iron and machined steel construction will give years of high-mileage service
- New needle bearing design
- Crowned sector provides higher torque at center position reduces vibration and provides for more natural return of steering wheel
- 30% stronger worm and nut
- 30% stronger sector
- Bigger gears
- Chrome cap
- Bolts up to all normal Vega-type brackets
- Accepts Vega-spline u-joints, pitman arms and accessories
Must use Vega Pitman Arm # 702-2924.
Cross Steering Guide (GIF)
If you are building or updating a hot rod that has a Vega steering box, a little chrome may be in order. These beautifully chromed works of art are all new and function just as good as they look. All units feature a strong steel case, precision 20:1 ratio gears, and roller needle bearings which far outlast the original OEM-style bushing design of the 70's.
- 30% Stronger worm & nut than OEM unit
- 30% Stronger sector than OEM unit
- Stronger pressure casting (Not sand cast)
- Sealed needle bearing design
- Bigger gears
These all new reproduction pitman arms feature a non-offset design, a double tapered "Ford" tie rod end hole (lets you attach the drag link on the top or on the bottom), and comes in gleaming stainless steel or plain steel. Perfect for a repro Vega steering box.
Weld-on steering box mount. For cross steering.