Small Block Ford 289-302 HEI Distributor
Click image to enlarge
Q & A
What's in the Box
It uses the GM HEI cap, rotor and module, and includes mechanical and vacuum advances. Comes complete as shown. Shaft diameter of .450".
910-12350 Instructions (PDF)
Note: This distributor has an O-ring seal that has a VERY tight fit when installing for the first time. We suggest using a small amount of lithium grease or silicone lubricant on this seal to ease installation.
Note: This distributor comes with a 'cast' drive gear. It will work with 'cast' cams (hydraulic or solid lifter), but is not recommended for 'roller' cams as unless a bronze gear is installed.
You may also be interested in:
MSD 8582 Ford 289-302 Billet DistributorPrice: $259.99More Info
MSD 5541 Street-Fire Spark Plug Wires Set, Ford 302-351W HEIMore Info
MSD 31329 8.5mm Spark Plug Wires Set, Small Block Ford, HEI CapPrice: $89.99More Info
HEI Distributor For Roller Cams, 302 Ford$99.99More Info
Accel 170072 HEI Wiring PigtailMore Info
Stainless Steel-Flex Vacuum Hose With EndsPrice: $8.99More Info
MSD's billet distributors are for Ford enthusiasts who are serious about performance! Just under the brass terminals of the MSD cap and rotor is an easy-to-adjust mechanical advance assembly. The assembly is fine blanked from chromoly steel, TIG-welded for strength plus receives a QPQ coating. The precision weights glide on nylon bushings for smooth advancement and different springs and stop bushings are supplied so a variety of advance curves can be tuned. The steel shaft that spins the advance and reluctor receives a friction reducing coating plus is guided by a sealed ball bearing and long sintered bushing. This combination provides stable timing signals and spark delivery at any rpm. Triggering chores are handled by MSD’s race proven, maintenance-free magnetic pick-up.
Fits 289-302 Small Block Ford V8. Must be used with an MSD 6, 7, 8 or 10 Series ignition control.
- Large Base/Cap Distributor
- CNC machined billet aluminum housing and Dupont Rynite base
- Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings
- Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the rpm range
- Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing
- Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from Chromoly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
- Advance weight pins are staked and tig welded to the plate
- Nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
- Mechanical advance assembly can be locked out for crank trigger systems
- Supplied with Cap-A-Dapt and rotor (accepts MSD socket style caps)
547-8582 Instructions (PDF)
The Street Fire Spark Plug Wires feature a low resistance conductor that’s wrapped in a sleek and durable black sleeve. The terminals are covered in black boots that protect the conductor from engine heat to ensure spark delivery.
- Helically wound conductor suppresses electro and radio noise
- Kevlar core combination for great strength and durability
- Heavy duty terminals for secure connection
- 8mm silicone and synthetic jacket resists heat and abrasion
- 500 Ohms per foot resistance for improved spark delivery and power
- Silicone boots protect against high exhaust temps
Wires feature 'straight' boots with 90 degree boots on the ignition end.
The MSD 8.5mm Super Conductor Wire is "the" performance wire. Engineered from the inside out, the 8.5 offers everything you have ever wanted in a wire; incredibly low resistance without electronic interference! In a single 12 inch of low resistance wire there is only 40-50 ohms of resistance! That is the lowest resistance of any helically wound wire.
MSD uses a copper alloy conductor due to it's great voltage carrying capabilities. The low resistance results in less loss in spark energy so more reaches the spark plug. The conductor is wound extremely tight around a special center core. There is over 40 ft of conductor wrapped into a 1 ft of plug wire. This winding procedure, with a ferro-magnetic impregnated center core, produces an extremely effective Electro Magnetic Interference (EMI) "choke". This suppression capability keeps the EMI inside the wire where it cannot interfere with other electronics. The sleeve surrounding the conductor assembly is just as impressive. A proprietary blend of silicone and synthetic material produce a sleeve that is highly resistant to high heat as well as abrasion and tears.
Learn how to properly attach new spark plug terminals and boots by reading our tech article. How to Install Spark Plug Wire Ends.
- HEI for 302 Ford
- High performance ignition module
- Brass terminals in cap
- 50,000V coil
- Hardened gear
- Mechanical advance
- High perf. rotor
- Coil cover
- Vacuum advance
- Incredible Price
- The drive-gear on this distributor works OK with cast "stock"OEM roller camshafts
Finally, a dual HEI connector for GM HEI “Coil In-Cap”. The Dual HEI Connector helps clean up your engine bay by eliminating the use of single spade connectors to make battery and tachometer connections. Also holds the 12 volt and tachometer wires securely in place. Made from hi-temperature durable plastic to withstand all extreme conditions of an engine bay. The easily seen, 10” long, red and green wires identify battery and tachometer.
- Wire your HEI distributor like the factory
- Red and green wires identify battery and tach leads
- 10" long
- Stainless Steel-Flex vacuum hose kit
- 304 stainless steel flex hose construction
- Easy to cut for custom installation
- Includes 3 feet of hose & 2 Anodized clamps