Browse our winning racing and performance auto parts.MORE
Speedway Motors has everything you need for your Mini Stock or Pony Stock race car! We stock all the best race parts for the Ford 2.3 four cylinder, from forged pistons and rods to racing carburetors and oil pans. Add even more power to your Ford 2300 with a billet distributor and header. Check out our assortment of Mustang II front suspension components, Pinto leaf springs and Ford 8'' rearend parts, too!
Oval Track, Apparel and Gifts
This comprehensive video offers easy-to-follow instructions on building and modifying the popular Ford 2300cc engine for Mini Stock Competition.
- Basic block prep
- Setting crankshaft clearances
- Setting rod clearances
- Installing rods, pistons and rings
- Prepping and CCing the head
- The valve train
- Camshaft degreeing
- Oiling system
- Ignition system
- Complete assembly
A step-by-step buildup of a Mustang Mini Stock project car. Provides detailed instruction on how to build you own race car.
- Finding a suitable car
- Stripping the car
- Installing a roll cage
- Working with a unibody chassis
- Using a McPherson strut front suspension
- Designing the front suspension geometry
- Working with the stock 4-point rear suspension and coil springs
- Complete race car fabrication and preparation
- Complete chassis setup and alignment
- Scaling the car and adjusting the weight
- Chassis adjustments and troubleshooting
- Ford 2300cc performance engine build-up
- For dirt and paved tracks
A step-by-step buildup of a Mustang Mini Stock project car. Steve Smith Autosports built a complete project car for the Building The Mustang Ministock book and captured the process onto DVD. Provides detailed instruction on how to build you own race car.
If you are racing in these classes, you need this manual. Covers all aspects of this growing class. For dirt and paved tracks. Covers Pro-4s and tube chassis cars as well.
- Complete high-performance build-up of Ford 2300 cc engine
- Fabricating and prepping a Pinto chassis
- Scaling and adjusting the weight
- Detailed chassis setup specifications and procedures
- Front suspension with proper geometry
- Rear suspension and driveline
- Low buck part sources
- Chassis adjustment and troubleshooting