Classic Truck Frame Crossmembers
Replace your stock rear crossmember with this tubular version. It welds in using the original location and includes a Panhard bar and mount. You will have to weld the Panhard mount to your rear axle. Can be used with shocks or coil-overs.
This crossmember is garage sale priced because it has been discontunued.
NO WARRANTY, NO RETURNS ON GARAGE SALE ITEMS
These are Heidts Mustang II crossmembers for 1940-46 Chevy Pickups. The Chevy models have frames and fenders which lend themselves nicely to Mustang front end conversion, without changing the critical geometry. Chevy IFS kits also come complete with the hard-to-make special brackets, such as radiator perch on certian models, to quickly and easily complete the installation. Like Heidts Ford kits, Chevy kits do not bumpsteer at all. Chevy kits come with a step-by-step, fully-illustrated instruction booklet to ensure that your installation goes as easily as it should! Correct design results in correct camber action – and no bumpsteer.
- Longer tie rod ends aren’t used – ever!
- Mounting points of all control arms match the original Ford design
- Factory anti-drive built right in
- 1940-46 Chevy Pickup frames
- Economy (unground welds)
- Constructed of 7-gauge steel
- Mustang II cross members using stock spindles will drop the stock ride height 3-4”
- Built-in Anti-Dive is all fitted to your frame…No Grinding Required! Nothing to measure or trim…It’s All Done!
- One-Piece Shock Cups are T.I.G. welded in place and have anti-dive built in. First class, for your car.
- Vertical Inner Uprights. This is the strongest design available, with twice the weld area. This will keep your frame from twisting!
- Main crossmember made from only 2 formed pieces for maximum strength and accurate fit.
- Crossmember and Spring Towers precut and pre-welded to fit your frame…Nothing to Measure!
- Lower control arm pivot tubes and gussets are NOT included
For a LARGER selection at a LOWER price, see Speedways collection of mustang II crossmembers.
Choose from the crossmembers below and add to an IFS kit to get a "hub to hub" front suspension.
Note: Upper fender adapter brackets and radiator tabs included. Additional items may be needed to complete installation. You may want to include our Mustang II ride height adjusters (91034444) for installation with these crossmembers to fine tune your final ride height up to 2".
Item Details1940-46 Chevy Pick-Up
Complete installation may require you to purchase corresponding a-arms, shocks, springs, brake kit, spindles, and steering rack and pinion