Powermaster 9162 Small Block Ford Ultra Mini Starter, 1.4 kW, A/T
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
High torque, high output motors and gear reduction drive design spins the engine over faster, with 50% more cranking torque and LESS amp draw than a stock starter! Compact, offset design gives more header and chassis clearance. Fits most 289, 302, 351W and 351C with automatic transmission or 5-speed manual transmission, except with the 164 tooth manual transmission flywheel. Cannot be indexed.
- Permanent Magnet Late Model Ford Starter
- 4.4:1 Gear Reduction Ratio
- Cranking Power for up to 10.5:1 Compression
- Wiring Kit Included
- Weight: 8.5 lbs. (approximately 5 lbs. less than a standard starter)
This starter is smaller in diameter for improved header clearance and is mandatory with our Small Block Ford Tight Fit Headers such as 9300201, 9300201C and 9300201H.
- Starter measures approximately 6-1/2" from the bellhousing mount surface to the front end
- The main starter body is approximately 3" in diameter
- The solenoid adds about 2-1/2" to that, but only in the area of the solenoid
Powermaster's warranty is one year from the date of purchase on all street rod components, and 90 days for any component use for an off road or race application.
Powermaster will provide technical support regarding warranty claims and inquiries directly to the purchaser to help resolve any warranty claims or necessary technical support for warranty resolution. Component or components can be returned to Speedway Motors as long as the product is still under warranty.
All customer service inquiries pertaining to warranty and defect claims are to be handled by Speedway Motors if under one year street or 90 days race. If the product is out of warranty please contact Powermaster direct to discuss their repair and return program.
Powermaster Customer & Tech Support
Phone: (630) 957-4019