Richmond GM 5-Speed Overdrive Transmission
Click image to enlarge
Please NOTE the following about this product:
- This product is discontinued.
Q & A
What's in the Box
Richmond Gear now has a 5-speed manual transmission that combines the company's trademark strength with the convenience and versatility of an overdrive fifth gear. Based on the successful Richmond NASCAR-type design, the Super Street is fully rated at 600 ft. lbs. of torque to confidently handle the demands of street performance, hot rods, muscle car, racing, and other high performance applications. This transmission is designed for GM applications and has first-fifth gear ratios of 3.33, 1.85, 1.31, 1:1, and .77 overdrive.
- Fully rated at 600 ft. lbs. of torque
- Includes a Long Shifter for performance and durability
- Heavy duty external linkage
- Rugged aluminum case
- Made In USA
- 1-1/8" - 26 spline input
- Dry weight: 106.5 lbs.
- Oil Capacity: 2 quarts
- 18" mounting length from trans. bellhousing face to center of trans. mount bolt
- 20.75" from trans. bellhousing face to shifter centerline
- 1-3/8" - 32 spline output
This product has no reviews.
No questions have been asked.
You may also be interested in:
Quick Time RM-6010 Chevy Steel Trans Bellhousing, Hydraulic LinkagePrice: $469.99More Info
Chevy 1955-1985 Aluminum 153 Tooth FlywheelPrice: $349.99More Info
Red Line 58204 Heavy Shockproof Synthetic Gear Oil, 1 QuartPrice: $17.99More Info
Lubrication Engineers SAE 90 Weight Gear Oil, 1 GallonPrice: $54.99More Info
Lubrication Engineers 3752 LE Almagard Industrial Grease, 14.5 OzPrice: $12.99More Info
These strong, lightwieght steel bellhousings from Quick Time are just the ticket for installing a manual transmission behind your Small Block or Big Block Chevy V-8. The compact design allows the bellhousings to fit in tight quarters while still accommodating a 10-1/2" clutch. Must be used with a hyraulic throwout clutch release bearing and a mini starter.
- Lightest steel bellhousing available anywhere
- Cone is spun (not rolled or stamped) for extreme dimensional stability
- High grade steel — work hardens to over 80,000 PSI strength
- Over 2 times the strength of any other steel bellhousing
- Engine = Small Block Chevy, Big Block Chevy, LT1
- Trans. = Muncie, Richmond, Saginaw, Falcon, Bert, Jerico 4-5 Speed, Brinn, Chevy TKO 500/600, BW-T10
- Max Clutch Diameter = 10.5"
- Flywheel = 153 tooth
- Drilled for most major throwout bearings
- Passed SFI testing
- Engine plate and grade 8 bolts included
- Must use mini starter
Fits common GM transmisson bolt pattern. Includes lower flywheel cover and grade 8 bolts. Only 21 lbs.
By installing a lightweight aluminum flywheel, you automatically bolt on up to 15 horsepower to the wheels. Your engine will reach higher RPMs quicker, due to lighter rotating mass.
- Manufactured from 6061-T6 billet aluminum
- Can be used with any type of clutch friction material
- Locked locating dowel pins
- SFI approved
- Works with 10-1/2" (10.4") Diaphragm or Borg & Beck pressure plates
- Weighs 10.84 lbs
- 12 7/8" in diameter
Red Line Shockproof synthetic gear oil is designed for heavily loaded racing and street differentials that see heavy shock loading. It contains a unique solid dispersant that cushions gear teeth to help prevent breakage. Red Line Shockproof gear oil provides the protection of a 75W250 with the fluid thickness properties of a 75W90.
Ideal for use in sprint, midget, and dirt late model differentials as well as in rear ends using spools or lockers.
- Fully-synthetic gear oil formula created from polyol ester base stocks offers excellent lubrication under extreme conditions
- High viscosity-index to provide relatively constant viscosity and film thickness with varying temperature change
- Ester base stocks and friction modifiers provide additional slipperiness to lower operating temperatures by reducing the sliding friction in hypoid gears
- Superior shear stability and reduced oxidation compared to other synthetics and conventional gear oil
- Exceed API GL-5 specifications
- Engineered to provide the highest degree of protection and improvement of differential efficiency for better mileage, longer drain intervals, and less wear
- Not recommended for most synchro applications due to the product's extreme slipperiness
Whether you're running a stock flattie and rearend or hopped-up overhead and quick change, you need to run a good gear lube. Remember that your rearend was designed fifty plus years ago and needs all the help it can get.
The biggest improvement you can give it is a lubricant that will allow the gears to survive the highway speeds that cars see today. L.E. gear oil is what we use in our 350 mph streamliner, that uses a V-8 quick change, without failure. The "red stuff" provides superior lubrication for long gear life. You can't win if you don't finish. We suggest 90 weight for the street and 140 weight for extreme uses.
- Formulated using blends of high quality paraffinic and synthetic base fluids
- Contains a highly shear stable tackiness
- Unique blend of base fluids and thermally stable EP additives
- Separates readily from water
- Contains non-silicone defoaming additives
- Contains no solids
- Contains DUOLEC LE's proprietary dual acting liquid wear-reducing and extreme pressure additive
Multifunctional grease designed for exceptional mechanical stability, excellent extreme pressure and high temperature capabilities. Won't wash off, pound out, or melt and run, even with extended service in severe conditions.
- Use in all types of vehicles, on and off road, as well as in many in-plant applications
- Very tacky
- Excellent water resistance
- Will not pound out
- Rust and corrosion inhibited
- Extremely versatile
- Excellent oxidation resistance and rust protection
- Great oxidation stability and longer life, does not "work down" in service
- High dropping point
- Good heat reversion
- Does not harden on aging, easily pushed out by fresh grease
- Timken OK load of 70 lbs
- Bearing life may be extended up to three times with cooler operation
- Reduces downtime and maintenance labor because of smooth, cool performance
- Works great for chassis, wheel bearings, U-joints
LE Almagard Data Sheet (PDF)