These strong, lightweight steel bellhousings are just the ticket for installing a Mustang T5, Tremec TKO 500/600, or TR3550 manual transmission behind your 1949-53 Ford Flathead V8 engine. The compact design allows the bellhousing to fit in tight quarters and will accommodate up to a 10-1/2" clutch. Set up to use a clutch fork and release bearing, but can also be used with hydraulic release bearings.
NOTE: Must be used with Speedway starter 91067465 (standard block) or Powermaster 91067475 (French block).
T-5 and Adapter Tech Tips (Link)
- 1949-1953 Ford 8BA Flathead V8
- 1949-1953 Mercury 8CM Flathead V8
- Includes two adapter rings for bearing collars and aluminum adapter to allow starter bolt up.
- Trans bore = 4.850"/4.910"
- Universal shifter fork brackets for diaphragm or cable operated linkage. Supplied with pivots for several Ford clutch release arms, including a pivot ball for a Mustang-style arm using a "pull" cable.
- Pivot ball, shifter brackets, full engine plate and grade 8 bolts included.