This is the easiest to install, easiest to adjust CNC machined distributor you will find. Just drop in as you normally would, hook up the three wires, set the initial timing, run a vacuum line to the advance and you are ready to dial it in. Literally. The knob on the side allows you to change timing up or down 1/2 a degree at a time. Starts producing a super hot spark at 50 rpm for easy starting and keeps putting out through 10,000 rpm. It also has a small diameter cap to clear tight fit applications.
- Cap diameter is 4.138 or slightly over 4 1/8”
- Cap diameter at the hold down boss is 4.624 or approximately 4 5/8”
- Cap height is 4.354 or about 4 3/8” from attachment surface to top of male plug wire post
- Comes with the plug wire retainer plate and a 3 wire pigtail with female plug in
Cap has HEI-style terminals. Fits Small Block and Big Block Chevy V8.
- Three wire hookup - orange to negative side of coil, red to positive side of coil, and black to ground. Includes female plug pigtail.
- Remote coil is required. Coil # 547-8202 is suggested.
- Cap diameter is 4.138". Cap diameter at the hold down boss is 4.624". Cap height is 4.354" from attachment surface to top of male plug wire post.
- Easy 3-wire install with no external spark box necessary
- Precision CNC machining and hand assembled construction
- Patent pending positive lock manual advance/retard knob
- Distributor can be accurately advanced or retarded in 1/2-degree increments on the fly
- Each click of the knob provides a 1/2-degree change to total ignition timing
- Get accurate settings easily
- Accurate super hot spark all the way through 10,000 RPM
- Hardened steel .50” diameter steel shaft with sealed roller bearing upper support and bronze bushed lower support for stability at max RPM
- Powerful magnetic pickup and CNC machined reluctor pickup
- Fully adjustable advance mechanism with easy to use spring and bushing design for a nearly infinite advance curve
- Powerfire module built in for drop-in reliability from 50 to 10,000 RPM.
- Hot cranking spark as low as 50 RPM
- Black anodized base with laser etched timing marks for visibility
- High quality injection molded caps with brass terminals for long life and conductivity
- Plug wire retainer plate secures plug wires to cap