The Procomp PC6AL is the most powerful cd ignition of its type available. It is a multi-spark, capacitive discharge, electronic ignition designed for high performance street, drag racing, oval track and marine applications.
The PC6AL uses the latest state of the art digital technology, and when used with the Procomp high performance coil, produces a spark gap current three times greater than most similar systems and almost eight times the spark of the standard ignition. This CDI unit can be triggered by magnetic, hall effect, points and crank trigger pick ups. Includes a Soft Touch rev limiter, which does not require chips. Produces multiple sparks between 0 and 3000 rpm.
Procomp 6AL Multi-Spark CDI Ignition Installation Instructions (PDF)
- Our Flathead Ford electronic distributors 910-8351, 910-8353, 910-1000 will require this ignition control box.
- Application: 4, 6 or 8-cylinder engines
- Spark Energy: 110-115 mJ per spark
- Primary Voltage: 460-490 Volts
- Secondary Voltage: 45,000 Volts
- Spark Series Duration: 20° Crankshaft Rotation
- RPM Range: 15,000 RPM (with 14.4 Volts)
- Voltage Required: 12-15 Volts, Negative Ground
- Current Draw: 1 Amp per 1,000 RPM
With Rev Limiter