Pertronix Ignitor Kits for Mallory 4 Cylinder Dual Point Distributors
Click image to enlarge
Q & A
What's in the Box
Never change points again with the PerTronix Ignitor System. Kit completely replaces points ignition providing increased voltage for improved performance and fuel efficiency over your old Mallory Dual Point ignition. The system fits neatly underneath the distributor cap and is compatible with all 12 volt negative ground systems.
PerTronix Ignitor Systems can be used with any stock point-type coil, or use the Flame-Thrower 40,000 volt coil for maximum performance. Also compatible with MSD ignition boxes.
- Delivers 2x the voltage to the plugs for more power and MPG
- 2:1 improvement over points in current fall time, increasing coil output
- Hall Effect Trigger with no moving parts
- Epoxy molding makes module impervious to contamination
- Fits entirely inside distributor for a clean, stock look
- Stable timing - no adjustment needed
- Will trigger most multi-spark CD ignitions
- Easy installation
- Select CW for clockwise rotation or CCW for counterclockwise rotation distributors
447-141 Instructions (PDF)
Mallory 23, 24, YD, YL non-vacuum advance
- Operating Voltage: 8 to 16 volt DC
- Temperature Range: -50°F to 300°F
- RPM Range: 0 to 15,000 RPM
- For use with 12 volt Negative ground systems
- Pertronix ML-141C = 447141-CW
- Pertronix ML-141CC = 447141-CCW
This product has no reviews.
is this for dual points?
is this for dual points?
You may also be interested in:
PerTronix 60130 Flame-Thrower HV Coil, 3.0 OhmMore InfoCompare
Mallory Ignition 700 Ballast Resistor, .75-1.50 OhmMore InfoCompare
PerTronix 40011 Flame-Thrower Coil, BlackMore InfoCompare
These high voltage E-core design coils by Pertronix put out an incredible 60,000 volts and are encased in a 6063 T-5 aluminum heat sink. These coils are 50 state legal and are available with different resistance values for your application.
- 3.0 Ohm primary resistance
- 60,000 volts
- 50 state legal
Stabilize coil current and prolong point life with Mallory ballast resistors. Computer-wound to ensure resistance value. Premium ceramic bodies provide maximum durability and superior heat transfer. Recommended when a new coil is installed.
Mallory Unilite distributors include self-contained modules that require a ballast resistor, loom resistance wire, or internally resisted coil (ex. when using HyFire CD Ignitions). Using a heavy duty porcelain resistor and threaded terminal connectors, this resistor is rated at 200 watts and 0.75 (cold) – 1.5 (hot) ohms.
The hotter the spark, the easier your engine will start, and this 40,000 volt coil is just the ticket to a quick start! Its higher voltage allows larger spark plug gaps for added power, smoother response and better fuel economy. These coils are internally resisted so they are compatible with many inductive ignition systems.
- 40,000 volts
- Black finish for that "stock look"
- For use with 12 volt inductive ignition systems
- 1.5 Ohm primary resistance.
- Legal in all 50 states and Canada