One thing to never forget - the wiring in your muscle car is forty years old and updating to modern and safe components is easy. These Painless Wiring harnesses feature many pre-wired connections and are color coded to make installation a snap. Instructions included.
The universal 18-Circuit kit is modified to include custom features to make it easier to wire GM muscle cars. A pre-wired factory style bulkhead connector plugs into to the fuse block through the firewall in the stock location. Easy-to-install, factory original, quick connect terminals are included for the in-dash printed circuit board. Pre-terminated plugs for the ignition and turn signal switches are included.
1969-1974 GM Muscle Car Wiring Instructions (PDF)
- 1969-1974 Camaro/Firebird
- 1969-1974 Nova
- 1969-1974 Chevelle/Malibu/El Camino
- 1970-1974 Monte Carlo
- 1973-1974 Apollo
- 1969-1974 Skylark
- 1969-1974 Cutlass
- 1969-1974 GTO/Tempest
This harness includes circuits for:
- Headlight Switch - Power to headlight switch. Power wires out of headlight switch to head light dimmer switch, tail lights, dash lights and park lights.
- Dimmer Switch wires include power from headlight switch and power out to low and high beam headlights.
- Wiper Switch - Power to wiper switch and the wires between wiper switch and your wiper motor.
- Turn Signal Switch - Power into and out of your column mounted turn signal switch. Also included in this kit are both styles of GM turn switch connectors. Note: these will connect to most aftermarket and factory steering columns.
- Heat/AC Switch - Power into switch and wires between switch and blower motor/resistor block.
- Ignition Switch - Power into and out of to fuse block (ignition, crank and accessory)
- Brake Switch - Power into and out of brake switch. This includes a third brake light wire.
- Courtesy Lights - Power and ground circuits for dome light activation.
- Alternator - Charge wire and alternator field activation wires. (Most alternators can easily be wired up to this Painless harness). Included in kit is a high output alternator wire that allows you to use up to a 140 Amp alternator.
- Horn - 40 Amp horn relay mounted to fuseblock
- Radio - Harness includes constant B+ (for preset memory) and ignition hot circuits for any aftermarket or factory radio. Also included are two pairs of speaker wires.
- Starter - Crank signal wire for starter solenoid.
- Engine section wires including electric choke, coil power, coil to tach signal, oil pressure, engine temperature, and A/C compressor clutch control wire.
- Headlight section wires including right and left high and low beam headlights, turn signals and park lights.
- Tail section wires including tail lights, brake lights, turn signal lights, fuel gauge sender, third brake light, and reverse lights.
- Dash panel section wires including fuel, temperature, oil pressure, voltage, tachometer, speedometer, high beam and turn indicators and gauge illumination.
- Door section wires including power windows and locks.
- Accessory section wires including cruise control, power antenna, electric fuel pump and an cigarette lighter/accessory output.
- Also included in kit is a fuseblock mounting bracket, rubber grommet, 4 inch zip ties, 70 Amp maxi fuse and a large assortment of crimp style connectors.
F-Body, X-Body, A-Body