This 28 circuit kit includes most all the power accessory circuits you have been looking to add to your vehicle. The versatility of this harness will allow it to be easily adapted to almost any vehicle. This kit comes without the GM column mounted ignition switch connectors. Included with this harness are the following parts; a GM engineered fuse block & Painless mounting bracket; GM turn signal connectors; prewired plugs for the headlights & dimmer switch; and each wire is custom printed with the circuit identification as well as using GM color codes for easy installation.
Universal 28 Circuit Wiring Instructions (PDF)
This harness includes circuits for:
- Headlight Switch - Power to headlight switch. Power wires out of headlight switch to head light dimmer switch, tail lights, dash lights and park lights.
- Dimmer Switch wires include power from headlight switch and power out to low and high beam headlights.
- Wiper Switch - Power to wiper switch. You will need to retain the wires between the wiper switch and your wiper motor.
- Turn Signal Switch - Power into and out of your column mounted turn signal switch. Also included in this kit are both styles of GM turn switch connectors. Note: these will connect to most aftermarket and factory steering columns.
- Ignition Switch - Power into and out of to fuse block (ignition, crank and accessory)
- Emergency Flashers
- Brake Switch - Power into and out of brake switch. This includes a third brake light wire.
- Courtesy Lights - Power and ground circuits for dome light activation.
- Alternator - Charge wire and alternator field activation wires. (Most alternators can easily be wired up to this Painless harness). Included in kit is a high output alternator wire that allows you to use up to a 140 Amp alternator.
- Horn - 40 Amp horn relay mounted to fuseblock
- Radio - Harness includes constant B+ (for preset memory) and ignition hot circuits for any aftermarket or factory radio. Also included are two pairs of speaker wires.
- Starter - Crank signal wire for starter solenoid.
- A/C & Heat
- Fan Relay Activation Power
- Fused Power Source
- Engine section wires including electric choke, coil power, coil to tach signal, oil pressure, engine temperature, and A/C compressor clutch control wire.
- Headlight section wires including right and left high and low beam headlights, turn signals and park lights.
- Tail section wires including tail lights, brake lights, turn signal lights, trunk light, fuel gauge sender, third brake light, and reverse lights.
- Dash panel section wires including fuel, temperature, oil pressure, voltage, tachometer, speedometer, high beam and turn indicators and gauge illumination.
- Door section wires including power windows and locks.
- Accessory section wires including cruise control, power antenna, electric fuel pump and an cigarette lighter/accessory output.
- Also included in kit is a fuseblock mounting bracket, rubber grommet, 4 inch zip ties, 70 Amp maxi fuse and a large assortment of crimp style connectors.