Offenhauser 2731 1937-62 Chevy Six Cylinder Valve Cover
Click image to enlarge
Q & A
What's in the Box
We have these hard-to-find covers for your 1937-1962 Chevrolet 216, 235 and 261 engines. These Chevy 6 cylinder finned aluminum Offenhauser valve covers will shine up your old Stovebolt.
NOTE: To use on 1954-1962 inline six head, you will need to supply a 1937-1953 style gasket, a pair of washers and stud seals typical of '37-'53, and a pair of acorn nuts to fit the long studs that come with the cover. This cover is a direct replacement for the 1937-1953 Chevy.
- This valve cover is a direct fit for 1937-1953 216 and 235 engines.
- To use on a 1954-1962 head, installer will need to supply a 1937-1953 style gasket, a pair of washers and stud seals typical of 1937-53 make, and a pair of acorn nuts to fit the long/extended studs that are included with the cover.
Item DetailsFits 216-235-261 Engines
You may also be interested in:
Twist-On Oil Filler CapMore Info
Mallory Ignition 4518001 49-62 Chevy 6-Cylinder Electronic DistributorMore Info
Offenhauser 1409 1950-59 Chevy 6-Cylinder Triple Carb Intake ManifoldMore Info
Billet Specialties 23220 Oil Filler Cap, Twist In, PolishedMore Info
Twist-In Style Oil Breather CapsMore Info
This twist-on oil breather cap has no breather.
Mallory Unilite electronic distributors feature state of the art electronics for a high output ignition. Never set points on your Chevy Six again! Fits 1949-1962 Chevy 216, 235, and 261 engines (12 volt only).
- Adjustable mechanical advance
- Self-lubricating bushings provide years of trouble-free service
- Includes Super-Duty cap & rotor with brass terminals
- Easy 3-wire hook up
- External ignition control box not required
500-4518001 Instructions (PDF)
Offenhauser Triple Carb intake manifolds provide a nostalgic appearance while equalizing fuel distribution to all cylinders, improving both performance and economy. With this lightweight cast aluminum manifold, your old "Stovebolt" will be more responsive across the RPM range. Use with two "big base" carburetors (2-15/16" bolt centers) typical of 1954-1962 Chevys.
- Fits 235-261 Chevy 6-cylinders
- 1950-59 engines w/ PowerGlide
- 1953-59 engines w/ Manual Transmission
Included linkage kit is "non-progressive," meaning all three carbs operate at the same time.
It’s the details that make your motor stand out. Billet Specialties engine accessories finish your motor with high tech style and top quality materials. Precision machined from 6061-T6 billet aluminum and polished to a mirror finish, our engine accessories will take your motor to the next level.
Available in twist-in styles.
This chrome twist-in style oil breather cap has 2-tangs which twist into your valve cover hole. Measures 2-3/8" in diameter.