This kit uses Offenhauser Regular Dual 1932-1948 Flathead Ford intake manifold with 9 Super 7® primary carbs. It includes two carbs, the intake, air cleaners, linkage kit, fuel block, fittings and red fuel line. Assembly required.
1932-48 Offenhauser Dual Intake Manifold -
Said to be its most popular flathead intake, Offenhauser’s 2x2 Regular intake has closely spaced carbs that will clear the stock generator. Great addition to a street oriented engine. Has 4-3/4" carb centers.
Has room for generator in stock location, but generally requires an offset bracket. If using a GM alternator, use our chrome 916-67909 or plain 916-67910 bracket.
- Carb Centers: 4-3/4"
- For 1932-48 Ford Flatheads
- Front drivers side accessory hole is for draft tube and measures 1.25"
- Rear drivers side accessory hole is for oil fill tube and measures 1.375"
9 Super 7® Primary Carbs -
Speedway Motors has incorporated many improvements in the 9Super7 Carb ® while maintaining the Stromberg 97 carburetor's original look. Features such as the choke assembly, accelerator pump, main jets and cosmetics have all been faithfully retained. Additionally, each carburetor is individually flow tested and inspected for leaks. Perfection is the result! Upgraded internal parts include; the float, needle, and seat. Jetting and power valve settings remain as they were for the original 97 carbs as well as the cfm and vacuum specs.
The 9 Super 7® makes setting up a multiple carburetor induction system easier than when Strombergs were available new. All that's required to do so with our kits is a Uni-Syn syncing tool and a little patience. Be sure to include the Secondary 9 Super 7 when installing 3-carb setups. Our 3 Carb kits come with one primary carburetor and two secondary carburetors while the 2 Carb kits are both primary carbs. See our Multiple Carburetor Tech Tip for more information on using the 9 Super 7 in a 2x2 or 3x2 carb set-up.
- All-new tooling for crisp, flawless castings
- New aluminum base assembly allows for cooler fuel temps and better fuel efficiency as compared to the original cast iron design
- Stainless steel screws and hardware
- Choke assembly, accelerator pump, and jets have all been faithfully retained and accept standard Stromberg parts
- Features original Stromberg 0.97" venturi diameter
- Modern Nitrophyl float and Neoprene gaskets
- Original troublesome needle and seat replaced by a Grose-style fuel inlet valve to better cope with higher fuel pressures and improved high speed running
- Will not stick or dribble like the old Viton-tipped needle and seat setups
- Grose-style jet valve won't corrode in modern fuel, something the original needle and seat units can do
- Comes with a No. 65 power valve and 0.045" main jets, identical to the stock 97
- Extended brass throttle shaft to simplify multi-carb linkage
9 Super 7® Linkage Instructions (PDF)
915-11655 9 Super 7® Carb Instructions (PDF)